Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Design Foor???? >
  • Design Foor????

• Design Foor????

Old 07-28-2012, 09:39 AM

I don't have a design wall either, have used the floor many times, and also use my queen size bed.
    Old 07-28-2012, 11:04 AM

I use the floor if one of my grand daughters is available. Sometimes they have a better idea than I do. Otherwise I use my bed.
    Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 AM

I have a cubbard for my stash with doors on it, so I clamp a flannel back table cloth to the doors and it works as my design wall
    Old 07-28-2012, 11:46 AM

Our guest room is my sewing room and I have a flannel backed tablecloth for my "design wall". I can take it down when we have company, but it works pretty darn good for me. I can get on the floor, but after having both knees replaced, I can't get back up. LOL
    Old 07-28-2012, 12:53 PM

I certainly do.
    Old 07-28-2012, 02:01 PM

Not me. I did just one that way and didn't get a good perspective with the quilt horizontal. Besides, my body is old, too. I bought Velcro with one sticky side for a wall, one sew-on side for 2 1/3 yards of cream colored fleece. It works well and when I take it down, no guest has asked about the line of Velcro by the ceiling. The fleece holds everything without pins as long as certain Border Collie swishes her tail the other way when she runs by. The Siberian tail does go side to side, so I'm covered.
    Old 07-28-2012, 02:11 PM

I had a design floor for years and had been asking very nicely for a design wall to no avail. Then, my DH slipped on a piece of fabric on said floor and voila, I have a nice design wall. And, no, I did not place the fabric piece on the floor for DH to slip on. LOL
    Old 07-28-2012, 04:55 PM

I use my bed because I don't actually have enough floor space anywhere in my doll size house except the kitchen and no way I'm putting my quilts there. Besides, if I got down I couldn't get up. Aging is the pits.
    All that will change very soon as my new quilt room/studio is almost finished. Will post pics soon.
    Old 07-28-2012, 06:01 PM

I use the bed and the floor at this time. Have purchased the Fons & Porter design wall but it is still in the bag. Got a good idea from another thread and also saw it here about 1/2 " foam insulation board. I intend to buy that, duct tape it together in the back so I can fold it and store under the bed when not in use. Then I bought those Command hooks and will place them in front of the double closet doors in my guest/sewing room to hang it all on. Bending over and crawling around on my hands and knees doesn't work too good any more, so I'm hoping the design wall will work out.
    Old 07-28-2012, 06:21 PM

I use floor and sometimes a bed.