Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Didn't we have a great turn out today!!!! >
  • Didn't we have a great turn out today!!!!

• Didn't we have a great turn out today!!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 11:47 AM

Hi Cordelia, Izy´s not here at the mo so I can tell you she doesn´t paint the picture she just draws on the silk with a pencil very lightly and then makes tiny stitches around the drawing. she then fills the pattern in with single silk thread. Awesome work.

Elle
    Old 06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
    Izy

Oh yes I am!!!! lol!!!
    Old 06-04-2008, 01:11 PM

Hey - thanks so much for sharing all your pictures = all your information = and the website with all the gang! So enjoyable to see you all working together to ejoy each other's company as well as share your talents! I envy you and your group. Please tell all the ladies "Hello" and thank them also for posting the web page.
    Old 06-04-2008, 01:14 PM
    Izy

Sure will Rein, our webmaster has been doing some work on the site and it needs updating badly...when it gets done, I will let you all know so you can see all the lovely latest projects we have been doing!!

Thanks for your lovely comments everybody :D :D
    Old 06-04-2008, 03:15 PM

This is truly what a quilt group should be. The talent is unlimited and Helen's embroidery skills are mind boggling. It is also obvious that in spite of all the talent, there is still an ongoing learning process. I can't imagine anyone at one of these gatherings ever gets bored.
    Old 06-04-2008, 11:01 PM
    Izy

Originally Posted by Millie
    This is truly what a quilt group should be. The talent is unlimited and Helen's embroidery skills are mind boggling. It is also obvious that in spite of all the talent, there is still an ongoing learning process. I can't imagine anyone at one of these gatherings ever gets bored.
    Millie - to be honest I would say that the first couple of hours or so, is purely checking out what everyone has achieved in the last week, ooohhhh and ahhhhhhing and complimenting everyones work!!

We have a very varied ability in the group, some brand new members who have never done any patchwork or quilting before, to some very talented patchworkers and we all just get stuck in helping each other....we have knittings and dressmakers...who are getting tempted to quilt, it just rubs off on each other!!

We are planning our own show for October if we can get over a couple of hurdles with the local town hall, so that is going to be exciting for us!!
    Old 06-05-2008, 05:20 AM
    Banned

Everyone looks like they're having so much fun. That gals embroidery is gorgous and I love the flowers. Thanks for sharing your pics
    Old 06-17-2008, 02:00 PM
    Izy

Hey guys - I have a message from Helen - who creates the wonderful embroidery, I mentioned to her last week about all the lovely compliements that you had posted here, she is not very computer savvi, but I persuaded her to check us out here - which she DID.......

Helen asked me to thank you all very much for your compliments, she was very pleased that you enjoyed seeing her work :D

I will continue to take pictures over the weeks so you can watch her progress!!

Thanks again folks :D :D :D
    Old 06-17-2008, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
    Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Melissa, went with the green and it looks fab, give me a couple of days and I should be able to post another pic :D :D

You have just given me the kick I needed..... Elle
    Why didn't you say...I coulda give you a swift one - two when I saw you today lol!!! I have no problem dishing it just can't take it back!!! lol!!

Izy have you given Elle that swift one lately cause I havent seen my favorite quilt finished yet!!!

That is a HINT for you Elle my dear!! I am still waiting........
    Old 06-17-2008, 03:07 PM

Izy have you given Elle that swift one lately cause I havent seen my favorite quilt finished yet!!!

That is a HINT for you Elle my dear!! I am still waiting........[/quote]

Hi Melissa, no she hasn´t, but I better watch out next week. I am workin by fingers to the bone for you hun. In between they keep putting in those project that I have just got to do. But I am achieving you have to believe me. Only 3 more blocks to finish off. Or do you want to see it as it is.........to prove as not kiddin. Tell you what that green sashing is working a treat. :D :D
    We had so much fun today. The air was kinda blue around my chair for quite a while, but I have finished it off this evening watching the TV. :wink:

Elle