Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Didn't we have a great turn out today!!!! >
  • Didn't we have a great turn out today!!!!

• Didn't we have a great turn out today!!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:16 PM

Well since you are working on it, Elle, I will try to be patient a little longer. Its gonna be hard but I will try :cry:
    Old 06-17-2008, 06:36 PM

Elle ~ was your quilt pre-packaged with the material or did you pick them out yourself?
    Old 06-18-2008, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Celeste
    Elle ~ was your quilt pre-packaged with the material or did you pick them out yourself?
    It wasn´t prepackaged quilt, I picked the colours out myself, wanted it to be more green than anything as its for mydaughter who loves that colour, so it just kinda evolved as I went along. Got stuck when it came to the stashing and I had some help from you guys and most suggested green sashing and its looking good, nearly there, but been doing some work inbetween so thats why its taking some time.
    :D
    Old 06-18-2008, 12:13 AM

This is for CathyM who sent Izy the special material for watercolour work. Izy shared with me a large piece so thank you Cathy that is going to be brilliant when I get round to it. :D :D :D

from very happy Elle
    Old 06-18-2008, 12:18 AM

This message is for Terri, and all, I sat beside Helen yesterday and she asked that I send a special thank you for your kind words. She logged on to the forum and she read all about what everyone said and was very touched by the comments that were made about her work.

I said to her your work is so clean I could never work on a project for all that time and it be so clean. Know what she said, ........"Oh I washed it", :shock: I thought OMG all that precious stitching, but she wasn´t phased at all, just real matter of fact.

Elle
    Old 06-18-2008, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Originally Posted by Celeste
    It wasn´t prepackaged quilt, I picked the colours out myself, wanted it to be more green than anything as its for mydaughter who loves that colour, so it just kinda evolved as I went along. Got stuck when it came to the stashing and I had some help from you guys and most suggested green sashing and its looking good, nearly there, but been doing some work inbetween so thats why its taking some time.
    :D
    I am in love with your fabric choicecs! They are certainly gorgeous colors! I especially like the ?plaid? fabric. If it's the right colors I get all goggly eyed for it, though I can't think of how to use it!
    Old 06-18-2008, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    This message is for Terri, and all, I sat beside Helen yesterday and she asked that I send a special thank you for your kind words. She logged on to the forum and she read all about what everyone said and was very touched by the comments that were made about her work.

I said to her your work is so clean I could never work on a project for all that time and it be so clean. Know what she said, ........"Oh I washed it", :shock: I thought OMG all that precious stitching, but she wasn´t phased at all, just real matter of fact.

Elle
    Tell her for all the kinds words I am saying about her, she NOW gets to send me what she's making. That is WHEN it's finished! :)
    Old 06-19-2008, 06:22 AM

Elle[/quote]

Tell her for all the kinds words I am saying about her, she NOW gets to send me what she's making. That is WHEN it's finished! :)[/quote]

Okay.. but looks like it could be a gun fight at the Okay Coral, cause she´s not going to give in that easy.

Sorry i haven´t been much on the board recently, and not getting email notifications so am a bit lost. been busy quilting etc, just been down to our caravan getting it ready for a repair job. Someone who will be nameless left the skylight open in the toilet and all the birds thought woopee a place for us and yes they used the toilet generously. :lol: :lol: so just finished cleaning that l...o...v...e...l...y not.
    Elle
    Old 06-19-2008, 09:26 AM

eeewww!yuk! I feel for you Elle.( you cant hear my chuckles can you) :roll:
    Old 06-19-2008, 11:34 AM

Thank you Celeste. :D I did think it was getting a bit in your face and my colours were too bright, but the sashing as toned it all down nicely.

Elle