Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Do you know this machine? >
  • Do you know this machine?

• Do you know this machine?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 PM

Hemi :lol:
    Thank you for all the other sites .. I will check in to them later ...
    now, I have the tension all messed up <g> ... my learning curve is waaay too long! ... I put it away for another day, since I have been putting off "until tomorrow" ... and, now my back is right up to it, so ...
    as I was putting it away, I realized that the bobbin roller was bushed against the wheel ... so, it is ... wind a different bobbin,
    see if it runs better now that the bobbin winder isnt down on the wheel ... try a different way of threading it.
    You ought to see the button hole attachment that supposedly came with this machine!
    Slight exaggeration, but ... it is ALMOST as big as the machine!
    surely, it does more than just button holes, right?
    anyway ... I will try a few more things ... and, then <g> if I have survived this next week, I will start unscrewing screws!
    Sure has a cute little electrical cord, and the foot press thing that makes the whole thing work, is really heavy.
    Surprisingly, the machine isn't very heavy. If something gets up to about twenty pounds, I start having problems, but it isn't anywhere hear that, so in my opinion, a rather lightweight.
    THank you so much for all your encouragement, enlightment, and information <wave>
    Old 11-10-2009, 12:49 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Ha - when I read 'Dodge motor', I thought I'd see a sewing machine hooked up to a truck! :mrgreen: And I thought 'trust Omak'! :lol: Then your family really WOULDN'T hear the TV! :lol:

Where's Billy, I think his screen name is Lost51 or something like that? He restores machines, I bet he'll know all about it. :D
    Old 11-10-2009, 05:34 AM
    Power Poster

That is one good looking machine
    Old 11-10-2009, 06:02 AM

WIll go looking for BIlly ... thanks for the direction!

Yes, Ninnie, it is a nice looking machine, and when I started taking stitches, I told hubby - - this machine doesn't know it is little ... now, if I can figure out where to oil it.
    THere was some "fuzz" stuck under what looked like a nail ... I couldn't brush it out, so I asked for the tweezers ... and started sort of tugging ... it should have lifted out ... and, then it dawned on me that that might JUST be part of the machine, so I asked hubby ... since he is a mechanical lover ... he looked and said "That looks like an oil wick" ... well! That was a new one for me! LOL ... now, I didn't pull all that hard on the fuzz, not knowing that much (pretty unusual for me)
    but, you should have seen hubby taking the tweezers and trying to push the fuzz back in it .. I mean! really!!! Does he think I am THAT destructive??? LOL

And, hubby is the one that would hook the machine to the truck, not moi! LOL
    Old 11-10-2009, 06:05 AM
    Power Poster

I do remember seeing oil strips in old machines before, had for gotten about them. I would love to sit down to this one!! :D :D
    Old 11-10-2009, 06:12 AM

Well, come on over!
    We can play with it next Monday ... until then, you and I will do visitation to all Post activities, just to keep us on our toes! LOL
    The navy bean soup will go on this morning, for tomorrow's Veterans' Day Soup and Sandwich Luncheon ...

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    I do remember seeing oil strips in old machines before, had for gotten about them. I would love to sit down to this one!! :D :D
    Old 11-16-2009, 07:41 AM

Sure looks a lot like my old Singer machine, probably made by them. Mine was bought in 56-57 and it still sews like a charm. The case is so simular also. The button hole attachment for my machine is large and makes great button holes, my grandma had one but it didn't get passed on to me :cry: There are a couple of holes on top and one near the wheel that you oil, take off the face plate and oil anything that rubs another piece when it moves, same way under the machine. In the bobbin case area is a small piece of felt that you can put a drop of oil on. Be careful taking the bobbin case area apart that you can put it back together correctly, also the tension area can be touchy....my brothers took mine apart and we had one heck of a time getting it back together. Enjoy her, she is a workhorse, beautiful straight stitch.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-1491.jpe   attachment-1499.jpe  
    Old 11-16-2009, 07:52 AM

Wow! Could almost be twins! LOL
    You gave me lots of good information.
    I talked to Miss Rose yesterday, and mentioned the metal bobbins, and she says: "OH! I found those! I will put them in the car and get them down to you one of these first days"
    so, that was good news <g>
    I won't be taking the bobbin area apart ... Hubby tries to tell me that it is missing a bobbin case, and I am trying to explain to him that drop ins do NOT have a bobbin case ...
    he LOVES drop in bobbin machines, but has never actually looked at the two or three I have! LOL
    Yeah ... the tension area ... am trying to figure out just what each moving part does, but there is really no reason to mess with it until I get the metal bobbin.
    Won't happen for a few days (I am sure I have bobbins that will work) ...
    I have a few more things to do before I actually take time to spend much time with my new machine - - Miss Rosie <wave>