Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • From Don--isewman/new pictures >
  • From Don--isewman/new pictures

• From Don--isewman/new pictures

Old 04-13-2010, 11:24 AM

Don,

My heart is with you. I do not have an answer for how to handle it. Maybe, trust. Trust that he will do all that he canto take care of himself and that those with him will help to watch out for each other.

Get worked up! Let it out now and tell him how much you love him and support him. That is all you can do.

I was there, both as the soldier who had to be separated from his family and as the uncle who wanted to kick my nephews butt for joining up. It broke my heart each time he was sent to Iraq. He is safely home now, but I was upset .mostly that I couldn't speak my heart to him at the time.

Talk now. That is the only good advice I can give.

Aardie.
    Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 AM
    Power Poster

Don that is beautiful!!
    Old 04-13-2010, 11:38 AM

Hi Don,

Your graddaughter is beautiful! And that is a gorgeous quilt!

My husband was in the guard and left for Afganistan when I was pregnant with our first child. We had asked if he would be going, and they told us no, so we decided to get pregnant. He found out a month after I found out I was pregnant and didn't tell me for fear that I would lose the baby. He told me a month before he was deployed there. It is heartbreaking and nothing helps.... My husband decided to get out of the military after our son was born after 10 years of service because he didn't want to be deployed again. His unit has since been deployed 4 more times. We are thankful every day for his safe return to us and I wish your son a safe return also.
    Old 04-13-2010, 11:57 AM

Thank you to the few members, who have given me some strength. I know not to let it out in the open, with him.. He's going to have enough on his plate when he get's there. Will keep everyone, posted as I hear from him.. Again thank you everone. Don/isewman
    Old 04-13-2010, 12:19 PM

I love the colors and the pattern. After looking at your quilt, I realized that I need to get Alex's star book next.
    :lol:
    Old 04-13-2010, 01:12 PM

Don, Just take it easy. That is all you can do. I am an Army wife so I understand exactly what you are going through. It sucks. And it sucks even more when they are gone. But just stay positive. He will be back home before you know it. The best advice i can give you is to avoid reading and watching the news about Afghanistan. All it will do is get you worried and worked up for nothing. If your son is married make sure you keep in contact with his wife. Having a good relationship with her will be your best contact to him. And talk to your son. Express your fears and concerns with him. It is better to get things out in the open now and get all your questions answered now while he is still stateside rather than keeping everything bottled up. hang in there. And remember they are trained to go over there. That is their job. He will be fine.
    Old 04-13-2010, 01:49 PM

hi Don my friend gorgeous quilt as always love the colors ,and grand daugther sure is a pertty little girl, she looks like daddy ,im going to have to place en order for a quilt for me my friend i want a quilt from you and hand sewn one please :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
    Old 04-13-2010, 01:53 PM

Fantastic quilt and beautiful granddaughter! I have never been in your situation, but you and your dear son will be in our thoughts and prayers thru this rough time.
    Old 04-13-2010, 02:54 PM
    Power Poster

You quilt really does shine :D:D:D
    Your DGD is a little cutie!!!

I agree with what has been said, make sure that he has the means to stay in touch, think positive thoughts, and let him know that you are helping at home with DGD and DIL :D:D:D
    Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 PM

Don, I have never experienced the anguish you are going through. But I want you to know that your son and YOU are in my prayers.
    Thank you for raising a son that serves.