Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Downy Charity Quilts for kids - Includes Link to Free Kits - >
  • Downy Charity Quilts for kids - Includes Link to Free Kits -

• Downy Charity Quilts for kids - Includes Link to Free Kits -

Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 AM

So pretty...it looks like you did a marvalous job on the quilt. I'm pretty new to machine quilting so I'm learning lots. They say practice makes perfect....I'm not there yet! Thanks for sharing yours.
    Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 AM

So pretty. I love your rambling or stipling quilting. It looks so nice, Eddie. I also like the square quilting you did, Mary Ann. I did the same cross straight stitching in both directions but mine isn't nearly as nice as what you guys have done. Good job.
    Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
    So pretty. I love your rambling or stipling quilting. It looks so nice, Eddie. I also like the square quilting you did, Mary Ann. I did the same cross straight stitching in both directions but mine isn't nearly as nice as what you guys have done. Good job.
    No one is perfect and that is what makes quilts so endearing to the soul. We see can not see the imperfections, only the love that has gone into each quilt! So don't be so criticial about your own quilitng, it's the love everyone sees and not any 'mistakes'. Each quilt has it's own character and I'll bet yours are wonderful.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Old 12-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    No one is perfect and that is what makes quilts so endearing to the soul. We see can not see the imperfections, only the love that has gone into each quilt! So don't be so criticial about your own quilitng, it's the love everyone sees and not any 'mistakes'. Each quilt has it's own character and I'll bet yours are wonderful.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Thank you Mary Anna, I know what you are saying is correct but I'm my most critical critic (as we all are of our own work). There is love and caring in each quilt so you know what, here they are! The quilt with the dark blue big square and the orange and green 4 patch are from my stash, the other is from a kit the Quilts for Kids sent. I have a pink quilt on the sewing machine now that I'm quilting and another kit quilt in primary color 4 patch and the big square being airplanes and helicopters. That top is done but haven't sandwiched it yet.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-48444.jpe   attachment-48463.jpe  
    Old 12-08-2009, 01:41 PM

I got an email from them when they had received it.

judee
    Old 12-08-2009, 01:42 PM

I think your quilts are gorgeous.
    Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Thank you Mary Anna, I know what you are saying is correct but I'm my most critical critic (as we all are of our own work). There is love and caring in each quilt so you know what, here they are! The quilt with the dark blue big square and the orange and green 4 patch are from my stash, the other is from a kit the Quilts for Kids sent. I have a pink quilt on the sewing machine now that I'm quilting and another kit quilt in primary color 4 patch and the big square being airplanes and helicopters. That top is done but haven't sandwiched it yet.
    They are fabulous! Great job quilting! I love the wave quilting on the border! Both quilts show plenty of love and yes, even skill in quilting...you should be proud!
    I know we can be our own worst critic, but that never yields anything positive.
    I love your quilts and I know the children receiving them will be thrilled!
    Kindest Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Old 12-08-2009, 02:19 PM

I am almost finished with my 2nd quilt. I do ok until I get to the binding. I just can't seem to get the hang of the "french" binding. I manage...just barely. I spend more time on that than making and quilting! Your bindings look really good! I just need to figure out how to do them so they look good. Grrr.
    When you make quilts for kids using your own fabric can you also use your own patterns? what about using a panel for the middle?
    Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by judithb
    I am almost finished with my 2nd quilt. I do ok until I get to the binding. I just can't seem to get the hang of the "french" binding. I manage...just barely. I spend more time on that than making and quilting! Your bindings look really good! I just need to figure out how to do them so they look good. Grrr.
    When you make quilts for kids using your own fabric can you also use your own patterns? what about using a panel for the middle?
    I don't know the absolute answer to your own stash quilts but on the webpage I see there are some stash quilts that are NOT the same pattern. You might send the Quilts for Kids admin. an e-mail and see what she has to say. Just a thought.
    Old 12-08-2009, 03:16 PM

When I made my quilts from my stash, I just used my pattern.