• Dream Bigger >
  • Dream Bigger

• Dream Bigger

Old 05-29-2023, 03:47 PM

So beautiful, Dunster!
    Old 06-07-2023, 01:53 PM

So very gorgeous!
    Old 06-09-2023, 07:20 PM

As usual, your work is fantastic, Dunster! I can imagine how difficult it must have been, but it turned out priceless. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

Leslie
    Old 06-10-2023, 12:35 AM

I didn't know they made panels that big. Your quilting is stunning!
    Old 06-10-2023, 04:15 AM

Dunster -- wow! You have quilted so amazingly on that panel. You make whole cloth quilting look so doable! Did it take you a while to figure out how you wanted to quilt it or were you used to the style because of the previous panels you had worked on? Did you do it all at once or was this a project that was off and on again? Thank you for sharing this beautuful quilt!

You need to show this at a quilt show to encourage even more people! Blue Ribbon quilter in the room!
    Old 06-10-2023, 04:28 AM

Great quilting! Amazing quilt.
    Old 06-10-2023, 08:54 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94
    Dunster -- wow! You have quilted so amazingly on that panel. You make whole cloth quilting look so doable! Did it take you a while to figure out how you wanted to quilt it or were you used to the style because of the previous panels you had worked on? Did you do it all at once or was this a project that was off and on again? Thank you for sharing this beautuful quilt!

You need to show this at a quilt show to encourage even more people! Blue Ribbon quilter in the room!
    Thank you for the kind words. I will be taking the quilt to guild on Tuesday night for show and tell.

Before I started quilting this I basted the whole thing on the longarm, so that I could roll it back and forth and start quilting in the middle, working my way out. And then it sat there for a couple of months while I procrastinated and worked on other piecing projects. I knew from working on the smaller panels that I would double outline each petal and then start filling in with different motifs. What I didn't realize at first was that the petals on the big panel are not well defined, so I had to make my own decisions on how they should be formed. And the petals were so large that I felt I needed to subdivide most of them. Once I started quilting, I worked on it for an hour or two on most days, but I get bored and start making big mistakes if I stand at the longarm for too long a time. I didn't plan anything in advance, but I tried to avoid using the same motif too often in adjacent areas.