Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Drunk Pineapple >
  • Drunk Pineapple

• Drunk Pineapple

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44
    Hey, have him quilt the next one!!!! that should shut him up awhile. Cute quilt, I"m sure she will love it!
    I agree! Since he knows so much, ask him to show you how to do it.

Your niece will love it. It's so bright and happy!
    Old Today, 01:24 AM

Oh this quilt looks great! I have a friend who calls her quilting designs...Organic. I love how your quilting lines look.
    Old Today, 03:25 AM

I love this quilt - great use of yellow scraps! I love the name too. When I quilted my NEVER AGAIN quilt (yes that is what I officially named it - it was a California king size geisha girl quilt made out of home decor fabrics that my sister wanted quilted in argyle diamonds that I too referred to as drunk diamonds-after the first row now of the rest were truly diamonds anymore. lol) so I got a chuckle out of the title of this quilt. It’s perfect by the way! It will be loved! It’s gorgeous.
    Old Today, 05:21 AM

Pineapples are a symbol of warmth and friendship. I love this quilt, and I'm not just saying that. It's calm, soothing, peaceful, and relaxing to look at, and I love that it is so simple in color. I happen to like imperfect things, because it reminds me to remember that we are all flawed. Pineapples are imperfect, nature is imperfect, life is imperfect.

And, I don't think you should name it Drunk Pineapple. I think you should call it Sweet Surprise or something positive.
    When you give it to her and when she uses it, it should be a reminder of you, not of the unfortunate comment your husband made. Feel good about the giving.

And further to his comment, that's another reason why I never remarried, lol.