Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Expanded my comfort zone >
  • Expanded my comfort zone

• Expanded my comfort zone

Old 01-30-2021, 03:13 AM

Yes, thanks for sharing. You did a wonderful job. I've done several, but there are some tubs on the shelves that contain some started ones, never to be finished by me. Now and then I run onto one of her patterns that speak to me. Then I'll make a couple of the same pattern in different colorways. Usually I end up with purple and green; Bonnie keeps pushing me towards orange, gray and teal. I keep resisting. Now that I've retired for the 3rd time, I might get one of those tubs down. Again, thanks for sharing, I really do like this pattern. Marcia
    Old 01-30-2021, 03:42 AM

Congratulations on your beautiful quilt and being able to try things outside the box.! A term we use up here. I’m so proud of people trying new things! Success or not the act of trying is a great accomplishment! Beautiful work!
    Old 01-30-2021, 06:29 AM

I also was OCD and hated scrappy as I like being in control. Then I tried one of Bonnie Hunter's patterns, her Pineapple Blossom pattern, made it with whatever I had on hand and fell in love with scrappy from then on. I also made it in a controlled scrappy version too and loved it even more. I've made a number of her patterns since then and most often they are scrappy. In fact seems most of my quilts seem to go more scrappy than not. Bonnie's patterns have changed my whole way of thinking.

Right now I'm on a no fabric buying mode and have been since Nov. 2018 so I have to use what I have on hand. Luckily I have a good stash of fabrics including scraps of all sizes so there's no problem for me.
    Old 01-30-2021, 07:53 AM

Fantastic work ...congratulations on stretching your wings in several ways. I’m glad you were able to keep up week to week, having done a couple of BH mysteries, I know staying current can be a challenge in itself. I can’t wait to see your finished quilt.
    Old 01-30-2021, 08:35 AM

Beautiful quilt and it is great that you stepped outside of your comfort zone and tried something different and it turned out wonderful. Thanks for sharing
    Old 02-03-2021, 01:03 AM

Beautiful quilt! You can be so proud of yourself. I love Bonnie’s quilts too and she has a great blog.