Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Feathered Star... version 2 >
  • Feathered Star... version 2

• Feathered Star... version 2

Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 AM

Thank you all... the more I look at it the more I like it, maybe even better than all the small stars. It does give the eye a rest between them. I really like the feathered star, my first one, and I didn't want to give up on it. I had to do with it what would make me happy to keep working on it. The small stars at the points of the FS looks good to me and the larger stars are just flying geese units. When things go too slow I get impatient to keep creating something new.

K3n, I'll have to take a look at some star quilting stencils. I just ordered a bunch of stencils but I don't think I any were stars.

I actually have the 48 log cabins in the works. All of them have at least 2 rows of light and dark, some of them the next strip of dark... and a few of them have the third strip of light even but that day nothing was going right and I wanted to get something DONE so I did the last strips of light on 4 of them, go to iron them, and see that I put the last strip on the wrong sides together. I was soooo done and had to do something about the stars that were making me not like what I was doing.
    Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 AM

I don't think it looks too plain, as long as you leave in the inner borders. Nice job!
    Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 AM
    Power Poster

Oh pam .... this is going to be so very pretty! I am hoping you leave it like it is now.
    Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 AM

I think it is a very striking quilt!
    I like the way I can actually see what a pattern is, even have a chance to see the fabric you used to create the stars with. The log cabin border is a really nice finishing touch.
    A quilt is a celebration of angles, color, pattern, and fabric choices. I think your quilt celebrated a lot of things in just the right balance.
    Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 PM

That is awesome!!! I love seeing your work. :) I would love to learn how to do the feathered star one of these days. But like you I do not want too many UFO's. I have 3 already working on in different phases.
    Old 04-03-2009, 01:04 PM

That's beautiful!! Not too plain at all.
    Old 04-03-2009, 06:15 PM
    Power Poster

It's wonderful. Far from plain. Don't lose the log cabins, I love them.
    Old 04-04-2009, 02:07 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Joanieu
    That is awesome!!! I love seeing your work. :) I would love to learn how to do the feathered star one of these days. But like you I do not want too many UFO's. I have 3 already working on in different phases.
    Only 3!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

K x
    Old 04-04-2009, 05:37 AM

You are doing so good to only have 3 in the works. Most quilters probably have a WHOLE lot more than that. I know how it is when you see something you want to try, I see them every day. I know how I can be about things like that... do one of them (block), then it gets put away to do something else and before you know it you have UFOs all over the place.

I am trying really hard to not do that. I have 3 finished tops that are waiting their turn in the frame, one that is being appliqued and worked on when I feel like doing that, and several that are planned with pictures and fabric waiting. I would love to get started on a new one but I WILL finish this one first.... except for the two baby quilts that I started this week. :lol:

I finished the small stars last night, YAY! and I have 19 of the larger stars to do. Before I start cranking them out I need to figure out if I have enough of the same background for all of them AND the space between the small stars or, do I need to incorporate the 6 other beiges in the FQ set of the fabric collection. If I do need to use the other fabric, do I use them in the large stars or, do I use them between the small stars?

Probably in the large stars so it doesn't break up the small ones so much.
    Old 04-04-2009, 06:51 AM
    Banned

I LOVE IT! :D