• Pictures
  • Feathered Star... version 2 >
  • Feathered Star... version 2

• Feathered Star... version 2

Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 PM
    k3n
    Power Poster

LOL Tim!

Pam - you keep on obsessing girl, whatever you're doing, don't change a thing because your work is FANTASTIC! But if you've got a little precision to spare, I could do with some of it! I WANT to be precise but then I think 'what the hey' and just slap something together, but then I regret it and wish I'd taken more time. You have to do whatever you need to do to be happy with your work.

K x
    Old 04-07-2009, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Far out.... you're amazing!

That looks stunning, I don't think there's any "too plain" in it at all!
    I agree, you are amazing, to get so many quilts done in such a short time. I am :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !

Kyia
    Old 04-07-2009, 04:44 AM

I agree, obsess away! That is a stunning quilt and you are putting it together so quickly. Wow! Thank you for sharing.
    Old 04-07-2009, 05:17 AM

Pam~Where have I been? I saw your feathered star when you posted it~but this thread has totally escaped me until now!!!

I LOVE your quilt!!!! You do such beautiful work!! The layout is just gorgeous! Thanks for posting progress pics as you work. It is fun to see it all come together.

I know you must have said before (like when you posted your FS) but I have forgotten~what line of fabric is this? The colors are beautiful for your design.
    Old 04-07-2009, 05:27 AM
    Power Poster

Me too Pam...I missed this thread!!! Wow!!! Do you ever sleep or take a break to do anything else girl? This is coming together beautifully....I'm loving watching your mind at work. I'm already leaping ahead to wonder how you are going to quilt it...I envious lots of yummy quilting patterns in those blank spaces... :lol:
    Old 04-07-2009, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
    I really love seeing your WIP. It's been fun to put our 2 cents in and watch your design mind at work. It's looking GREAT!. The way you're doing it now REALLY puts the emphasis on the FS where it should be. The blue in the other stars makes the tips of the FS POP.
    After I put the FS together I was wondering if I did wrong to put the blue on the tips... it might fade into the background. I am glad to see that it doesn't and it is emphasized by the other blue pieces.
    Old 04-07-2009, 06:03 AM

Beautiful!! :thumbup:
    Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 AM

Tim, if I had that many to work on I'm afraid that I would just curl into a ball and whimper.... or start another one to take my mind off it.

It's not totally precise, some of the star points aren't as pointy as they should be. I also said "what the hey" after trying to shrink 2 of them in only one direction! My daughter certainly won't care, or probably even notice.

It doesn't FEEL like it's been a short time. I think I've been working on this for a month and still don't have the first row completely sewn on!

I like the design part as much as, sometimes more than, putting it together. It does change as I work on it, a lot different than my first drawings of it. The fabric is the Twiggy collection by Moda. I told my daughter to go to Fat Quarter Shop and look at the fabrics and pick some out she liked and this was one of them.

Do I sleep? Yeah, but I dream of quilting. :lol: I was almost asleep last night and thought... why did I do the log cabins around the edge? It would achieve the same effect if I did HSTs. There's a thought but, I would need more fabric. It's getting pretty tight and I am not absolutely sure there is enough to finish the LCs. I am not liking them a little bit either. The dark side is the brown and mulberry, the light is the blue and green. The green isn't really "light" though and it might not look right.
    Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 AM

I think it's absolutely GORGEOUS! I do like the log cabin border a lot though too.....
    Old 04-07-2009, 03:21 PM
    Power Poster

Well Pam, only you can really tell about the LC blocks cause we can't really "see" the fabric. I'm pretty sure that you will make the right decision though. :lol: