Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • finaly done unpacking the sewing room >
  • finaly done unpacking the sewing room

• finaly done unpacking the sewing room

Old 01-20-2011, 04:36 PM

great room, great idea of the different color fabric bins for storage.
    Old 01-20-2011, 05:54 PM

Some people have walk out basements, sure wish I did.
    Your space is awesome !
    Old 01-21-2011, 02:22 PM
    Google Goddess

what a beautiful sewing room, thanks for sharing
    Old 01-23-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by jeanneb52
    Originally Posted by KandiKane
    Gorgeous sewing room love everything about it , the view is beautiful, My DH is making me a sewing room too, but have to be out of the way so he can design it, he knows me lol I would interrupt him and want to change some things he has in mind.. I did say I would stay away from it ,,, ummmm maybe lol
    I can't wait for him to start :) its a Christmas and BDay present
    Excuse me but shouldn't you have "changing rights"? I know he means well but it is your room. I know I had to change lots of stuff when DH did mine. He had plans that just didn't work for me. Even after it was done there were changes to be made. I couldn't always know what I needed until I needed it.
    Agreed. Unless you have experience performing the tasks that will occur in the space, you can't adequately plan it out. Just butt right in there - after you butter him up first.
    Old 01-23-2011, 08:11 AM

Wow! I'm awe struck....can I come over and play? Your hubby is a keeper!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna
    Old 01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
    Banned

I would suggest laminate flooring. I love the look of real wood floors, and have them in the rest of my house, but I did put laminate wood floors in my quilt room. I don't have to worry about rolling my sewing chair around on it and the times I drop things (like I did with my iron once, ouch!) I don't worry about it damaging the floor.

I also am a fan of natural lighting. But I live in the south and the sun pouring through is lovely for light but nasty for heat. So I had the double pane windows put in with the Argon in the middle. It's a clear gas that somehow keeps the heat from coming through the window. It costs a bit more, but that initial outlay is well worth it in the long run.

Those are just a couple of thoughts I had. Good luck and I can't wait to see how it all turns out! :D
    Old 01-23-2011, 11:55 AM

OK with that great a sewing room, what in the world are you doing on here all day being the top poster????ROFL. Love your room, now if I can just get mine there. LOL. Maybem y hubby will look at these pictures and think of something.
    Old 01-23-2011, 05:54 PM

Oh my gosh for sure....don't make anything totally permanent yet. Now...maybe it is because I am just starting in quilting but the set up I did for my sewing room is not totally working now that I've used it more :( I expected to have to make changes just from reading the advice of more experienced quilters so luckily I was holding off on decorating, etc. until I KNEW it was right. I am so glad I did. I noticed again today that I am going to have to totally re-do my "L shape" work area.

Originally Posted by cmw0829
    Originally Posted by jeanneb52
    Originally Posted by KandiKane
    Gorgeous sewing room love everything about it , the view is beautiful, My DH is making me a sewing room too, but have to be out of the way so he can design it, he knows me lol I would interrupt him and want to change some things he has in mind.. I did say I would stay away from it ,,, ummmm maybe lol
    I can't wait for him to start :) its a Christmas and BDay present
    Excuse me but shouldn't you have "changing rights"? I know he means well but it is your room. I know I had to change lots of stuff when DH did mine. He had plans that just didn't work for me. Even after it was done there were changes to be made. I couldn't always know what I needed until I needed it.
    Agreed. Unless you have experience performing the tasks that will occur in the space, you can't adequately plan it out. Just butt right in there - after you butter him up first.
    Old 01-24-2011, 05:18 PM

Sew what85 that is a nice room :thumbup:
    Old 01-24-2011, 05:30 PM

OHhhhhh! I am so envious. So beautiful. I really wish I had a sewing room by a window. Mine's in the finished lower level with no windows. I feel safe in their late at night. A positive. How I'd love to be able to look outside. I'm going to copy your idea with the white bookcases and see if that provides me with more storage space at my elbow rather than scattered here and there. Thnx. Lucky girl