Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • FINISHED these >
  • FINISHED these

• FINISHED these

Old 07-21-2009, 07:44 AM
    Power Poster

The one with the baby is sooooo cute! They are all very pretty! I have never seen that edge used in an afghan. I have some doileys my husband's grandmother made that are like that. Just smaller. I have a collection of crocheted things. Some are old and some are family things.
    I have pot holders that are little girls dress and little boys overalls etc.
    And i pick up any embroidered things I find at yard sales. I keep thinking I will do something with them but never have.
    Old 07-21-2009, 08:45 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cutebuns
    I love the afghans, they are so nice, I like to do a pattern over and over again when I find one that I like in crochet, means that I don't have to pay attention to what I am doing for the most part. I could do it pretty much anywhere any time then. Makes me want to find time to pick up the crochet hook again.
    I do that too. THANKS for the kind words
    Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    The one with the baby is sooooo cute! They are all very pretty! I have never seen that edge used in an afghan. I have some doileys my husband's grandmother made that are like that. Just smaller. I have a collection of crocheted things. Some are old and some are family things.
    I have pot holders that are little girls dress and little boys overalls etc.
    And i pick up any embroidered things I find at yard sales. I keep thinking I will do something with them but never have.
    THANK YOU...The baby is Blythes (sons fiancee' twin sister) baby, so Blythe picked the colors and I croched the whole set. I wish I could do the thread (doilies) but I just don't have the cordination.
    Old 07-21-2009, 09:49 AM
    Power Poster

I can crochet but I have a hard time keeping the tension the same. I can't hold the thread like you are supposed to but it works for me just not as easy to control the tension.
    My daughter(33) has done a lot of baby quilts but she has fibromyalgia and says she has had to quit as it hurts her hands.
    My grandma taught me to do the shell stitch and I can do a single and double stitch but that is about all.
    I did learn to do the mile a minute but now I don't know if I remember how! I can't read any directions they are just greek to me.
    Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 AM
    Banned

ahhhhh sorry about your daughter hun...... i have to keep busy cuz i get depressed real easy. i don't quite understand it, the dr tried explaining it has something to do with head trauma as i had a brain tumor, entwined in nerves. it was too complicated to follow, so i figure i just live my life and do things the very best i can....... so far so good. sewing is good for me for alot of things. hand eye cordination, not thinking of being depressed, keeps me busy , just to name a few......
    Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM

I love your afgan - it looks like it will be so comfortable :).
    The quilts for the girls are lovely...but I ABSOLUTELY love your little duckies, they are so sweet.
    Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 PM

like the afghan good colors together
    Old 07-21-2009, 12:41 PM

Thank you Bev! :lol:
    Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM

Your afghan is beautiful. Wish we lived close so you could teach me to do that.
    Chrissy
    Old 07-21-2009, 02:17 PM

Bev, your afghans are wonderful, never could crochet myself, but like looking at your work. The quilts for your little friends, adorable, they will all love their
    surprise gifts :lol: :lol: