Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • George Siciliano class >
  • George Siciliano class

• George Siciliano class

Old 03-25-2011, 06:54 AM

Looks great carrieg! Thanks for posting the photo, I really enjoyed reading about them as well.
    Old 03-25-2011, 08:11 AM

I took George's class at my guild's quilt show last year. I took a day off work and told everyone why, so they all wanted to see what I produced from an 8 hour class. I had to walk into work the next day with that tiny 3" block to show them. They all thought it was exquisite but I know in the back of their minds, they were wondering what I had done with the other 7 1/2 hours. It was fun. Don't think I'll be finishing those blocks to finish the quilt anytime soon...but it was fun and I'm no longer afraid of paper piecing.
    Old 03-25-2011, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1430
    Very nice! Can I ask you a question? What kind of needle is recommended for miniature piecing?
    This was machine pieced. He recommends using the 70, 75, or 80 size needles.

Thanks for the comments ladies! I was really nervous to make that first cut! Kinda silly, it's only fabric. LOL I also learned the difference between foundation and paper piecing. This class taught foundation piecing and the paper is left on the back of the block. With paper piecing, the paper is removed from the block.

After spending the $$ on the fabric/pattern/ruler, I am determined not to waste it and finish the project. I can then hang it in my cubicle.
    Old 03-15-2013, 06:38 PM

Our guild is doing a challenge, Starry, Starry Night, in September. I also took a class w/George & Virginia & now would like to have the pattern that you have done. I don't seem to be able to find it. Can you tell me where you got it or what the name of it is?? I loved his class; I did the Birds of Paradise. Almost lost my mind before I got the hang of it but once I got it, I really enjoyed doing his technique. If I can select the right colors, I think it would make a beautiful star block. I would appreciate any help you can send my way. Thanks for your time & help. Kathy