Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric >
  • A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric

• A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric

Old 01-30-2011, 02:35 PM

Woo Hoo, I was able to get the fabric from a board member (bless her) so I will join in this wonderful experiment.
    Old 01-30-2011, 05:59 PM

Beautifly done. I am very impressed. It will be beautiful.
    Old 01-30-2011, 06:04 PM

great fabric for a obw
    Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
    It turns out that a few of us on the Board have got this fabric to make a One Block Wonder quilt so we thought it would be fun to post our progress all together on one thread! The fabric is called Floral Master and is by Springs Creative Products. Gaigai sent me mine but I think it's from JoAnns if anyone else feels like getting some and joining in. Correct me if I'm wrong someone!

Anyway, for those who don't know, a One Block Wonder or OBW is a kind of kaleidcoscope quilt similar to stack n whack. There is a Topic List here on the board and a brief description about them with details of the books here http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual_section_list.jsp

I think we'll all be using the technique from the One Block Wonder books by Maxine Rosenthal. See my link above for more info.

So far it's me, imjustme and NUTMEG10 who are taking part plus nena in a couple of weeks. I know another lady has the fabric and I'm waiting to hear from her. Meanwhile, here's a pic of the fabric and my first blocks. Looking forward to seeing pics here on this thread from the other ppl with this fabric. It will be interesting to see the differences as we go along! :-D
    K, gorgeous! Do you fussy cut? These are so perfect.
    Old 01-30-2011, 06:39 PM

Gaigai:

I would love to have 5 yds of the Floral Master Fabric. How will I go about getting it and paying you? I am very new but not young!! I'll be watching for your reply.My user name is sweetbabyjane from North Texas.
    Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by nena
    Well girls, I will not be able to join in. I am back from out of town but my daughters step mother died after a year and a half bout with brain cancer and I am very close to their daughter also. She was only 53yrs old. Please remember the family in your prayers
    Thanks
    I'm so sorry for your families loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Old 01-30-2011, 11:10 PM

I won't be able to join as none of our local shops have any of this fabric. Ohh well...I will watch and keep my eyes open for my own perfect OBW fabric. Can't wait to see all the great quilts that will be made from this one fabric!
    Old 01-31-2011, 01:36 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftyone27
    I won't be able to join as none of our local shops have any of this fabric. Ohh well...I will watch and keep my eyes open for my own perfect OBW fabric. Can't wait to see all the great quilts that will be made from this one fabric!
    A couple of ladies above have posted that they have or can get some fabric. Maybe try sending them a PM? :-D
    Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Anyway, for those who don't know, a One Block Wonder or OBW is a kind of kaleidcoscope quilt similar to stack n whack. There is a Topic List here on the board and a brief description about them with details of the books here http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual_section_list.jsp

I think we'll all be using the technique from the One Block Wonder books by Maxine Rosenthal. See my link above for more info.
    K, gorgeous! Do you fussy cut? These are so perfect.[/quote]

Thank you. No fussy cutting with this method. :D
    Old 01-31-2011, 03:01 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by plainpat
    I have a small portable design "wall". Its just a 24" sq if heavy cardboard covered...stapled ..in flannel. Nice for doing small blocks & easy to move around.

Here's some blocks.They don't grab me, but will prob finish them....one of these days. :D
    I love them Pat - I see some that are unlike the ones I got. But I sense you're not so keen on them... they really will look good once they're all laid out. :-D :-D :-D