• Pictures
  • A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric >
  • A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric

• A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric

Old 02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nonnie2
    A friend and I bought this fabric yesterday at Hancock's. We each got 3 1/2 yards since they had only 7 yards left. Glad to read on this thread that there are no Y seams. Even though I don't understand how there's not any. Plan to order the book soon so I can be a part of this ADVENTURE!
    The hexes are pieced in strips - when you get the book it will al become clear! :-D
    Old 02-01-2011, 11:21 AM

That is awesome and is on my list to try, you all make it seem so easy and I know it will be lots of fun!!
    Old 02-01-2011, 11:48 AM

Where did you find it? I need to get it from an online store.
    Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM

A few people on this blog say they have extra to share. Page back and you will find them
    Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 PM
    Power Poster

Come on you guys....somebody needs to get sewing...I wanna see some hexes!!! :lol:!!!
    Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 PM

Its going to be awhile for me I dont even have the fabric yet. I am doing another class on Super Bowl Sunday...then I can start my next UFO! LOL
    Old 02-02-2011, 01:05 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Where did you find it? I need to get it from an online store.
    If you mean the book Nicky, try Amazon.com :-D

Patti I'm on it!

Daisey, you crack me up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 02-02-2011, 07:16 PM

I better call Joannes...I want my fabric! Bummer
    Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 AM

I did a OBW class with the book a few years ago. I still have the stack of half hexagons pinned together! When i started I was pretty excited about the method. I picked out a really pretty asian print with light green and cream backgrounds and red/black/gold designs. It turned out some really pretty blocks! My biggest problem is that I don't have a design wall. I don't have a floor I can lay them out on. So I can't visualize the quilt. I tried to start on it not very long ago (finishing up some UFO's) and did a piece of a strip. Then just took it apart a few days ago.

I read somewhere on here where someone took the whole hexagon and sewed another triangle piece to 2 opposite corners. This made it a block. Not square but kind of parralelagram shaped. I'm really considering doing this just so I can finish it and put it to use. I hate still having it laying around years later.

I was really excited when I started it, but man have I lost my interest. Part of me really wants to finish it the way it was started...and another part JUST WANTS IT DONE! :)

Your beautiful fabric and blocks might be inspiring me...lol

Edited to add: I probably have close to 100 blocks! I bought a 24" repeat and the teacher forgot to tell us if the repeat was large we could buy less fabric...lol. I had a king size bed at the time so I went ahead and cut a ton.
    Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by jtapp9
    I did a OBW class with the book a few years ago. I still have the stack of half hexagons pinned together! When i started I was pretty excited about the method. I picked out a really pretty asian print with light green and cream backgrounds and red/black/gold designs. It turned out some really pretty blocks! My biggest problem is that I don't have a design wall. I don't have a floor I can lay them out on. So I can't visualize the quilt. I tried to start on it not very long ago (finishing up some UFO's) and did a piece of a strip. Then just took it apart a few days ago.

I read somewhere on here where someone took the whole hexagon and sewed another triangle piece to 2 opposite corners. This made it a block. Not square but kind of parralelagram shaped. I'm really considering doing this just so I can finish it and put it to use. I hate still having it laying around years later.

I was really excited when I started it, but man have I lost my interest. Part of me really wants to finish it the way it was started...and another part JUST WANTS IT DONE! :)

Your beautiful fabric and blocks might be inspiring me...lol

Edited to add: I probably have close to 100 blocks! I bought a 24" repeat and the teacher forgot to tell us if the repeat was large we could buy less fabric...lol. I had a king size bed at the time so I went ahead and cut a ton.
    That's a shame! I know some ppl hang up a cheap plastic table cloth, flannel side out and blocks stick to that. My wall is just a queen size batt stapled to a length of timber and screwed to the wall. Didn't cost much. If you don't have the wall space, could you rig something up that you can put up and take down? Kind of like a roller blind maybe? Just a thought - I hate to think of your poor neglected OBW! :-( :lol: :-D