Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt >
  • Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt

• Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt

Old 05-13-2009, 07:25 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mocha827
    WOW! I love the crosses. Is that a pattern you can share? Great job and I totally understand that you can enjoy the journey as much as the destination.

Congratulations.

Thanks!

It's from an old 1989 quilting magazine, I think. I'll try to find it!

Thank you Tippy! So glad you like it!

Ninnie
    Old 05-13-2009, 10:28 AM

i love your work :D :D
    Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 AM

Ninnie,
    Love the quilt. I don't know of any other way to quilt other than by hand. I do a lot of my quilt peicing by hand as well. So you are not alone!! For me it's one way to relax and forget anything and everything going on around me.
    It''s my alone time. Sometimes it's even my time with the Lord. I'll hand quilt till my hands give out.
    Okie
    Old 05-13-2009, 11:50 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by okie3
    Ninnie,
    Love the quilt. I don't know of any other way to quilt other than by hand. I do a lot of my quilt peicing by hand as well. So you are not alone!! For me it's one way to relax and forget anything and everything going on around me.
    It''s my alone time. Sometimes it's even my time with the Lord. I'll hand quilt till my hands give out.
    Okie

So true okie3, both have been there for me when I was needing something.I've worried about the day I can no longer hand quilt. My grandmother quilted by hand into her 90's, My cousin would mark solid cloth squares and take them to her and she would hand quilt the design. hope I'm that lucky! I can get lost for hours quilting away!

Thanks nellie, so glad you like it!

Ninnie
    Old 05-13-2009, 02:35 PM

It is lovely. There is nothing more rewarding to me than handquilting. That is the part I like most about the whole process. That is one reason I do it for other people. The piecing and the prep are not my favorite thing. I just basted a quilt that I am handquilting for our local Linus chapter's raffle. I look forward to working on it for the next few months.
    Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM

Love it. Is the pattern original? I'm a hand quilter also and it amazes me the amount of work that some on this board put out. I admire you for doing full size quilts. I don't do many of those. They take so long. I did just finish a queen size Irish Chain and it took me four months to quilt. I do more of the throws. But, I like you do enjoy the hand quilting process. My quilts are not fancy but they are enjoyed by the people I give them to.It's so much fun to see what everyone else is doing and to admire all the talented people who create them.Keep showing us your work, it's beautiful.
    Old 05-13-2009, 08:14 PM
    Power Poster

Ninnie, it's just absolutely gorgeous, and yes, scrappies are wonderful. You could look at them a hundred times, and never tire of them. Handquilted quilts, like somebody said, in the future, they are gonna be the ones, ppl are going to wish they had, and be hunting them, like treasure.
    I love handwork, but alas, i too, want to do, so many things.
    I guess i'll have to be happy with my embroidery embellishments, when I get around to them, lol :wink:
    Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 PM
    Power Poster

Hold your head up HIGH :D :D :D This is a very pretty quilt and it stands out because you handquilted it!!! I can't wait to see more of your work!!! :D :D :D
    I envy that you can hand quilt....my ol' hands just won't allow it. There are no rules here on how quickly we have to finish a quilt, how we piece, bind or quilt them.... it is completely to each, their own :D :D :wink: :wink: :D :D
    Old 05-14-2009, 07:53 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
    It is lovely. There is nothing more rewarding to me than handquilting. That is the part I like most about the whole process. That is one reason I do it for other people. The piecing and the prep are not my favorite thing. I just basted a quilt that I am handquilting for our local Linus chapter's raffle. I look forward to working on it for the next few months.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! and yes that is the part I like the most also.
    If I could find someone who would piece for me I would just do the quilting all the time! :lol: :lol:

Ninnie
    Old 05-14-2009, 07:56 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
    Love it. Is the pattern original? I'm a hand quilter also and it amazes me the amount of work that some on this board put out. I admire you for doing full size quilts. I don't do many of those. They take so long. I did just finish a queen size Irish Chain and it took me four months to quilt. I do more of the throws. But, I like you do enjoy the hand quilting process. My quilts are not fancy but they are enjoyed by the people I give them to.It's so much fun to see what everyone else is doing and to admire all the talented people who create them.Keep showing us your work, it's beautiful.

I got the pattern from an old magazine that I have, I didn't design it.

I would love to see a picture of your Irish Chain, I have that on my to list1 :lol: :lol:

So glad to meet another hand quilter. Most of my quilts are large, but have done some lap quilts as gifts.

Ninnie