• Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt >
  • Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt

• Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt

Old 05-16-2009, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Simply beautiful work I love it.

Elle

Thank you Elle, loved your paper piecing. Need to learn how to do that.

Well I hear there are various videos out on how to, but if you can find a class that is really the best way. I am just starting to do a bit of hand work as I find free motion daunting.

Elle
    Old 05-16-2009, 06:07 PM
    Power Poster

Your quilt is beautiful. I love quilting but hate to feel rushed. I want to enjoy the whole process, so like you I don't get a lot of quilts done in a short time, but I love what I am doing.
    Old 05-16-2009, 10:34 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by littlehud
    Your quilt is beautiful. I love quilting but hate to feel rushed. I want to enjoy the whole process, so like you I don't get a lot of quilts done in a short time, but I love what I am doing.

Thanks littlehud! us hand quilters have to stick together and remember for us it is the journey. :D :D As long as we love what we are doing!

Elle, would love to tke some clsses, but live in boonies of NC, and no guilds near here. I do need to look for some videos though, thanks for the idea!

Ninnie

Old 05-16-2009, 10:46 PM

Elle, would love to tke some clsses, but live in boonies of NC, and no guilds near here. I do need to look for some videos though, thanks for the idea!

Ninnie

[/quote]

Ninnie, Wanda_G posted this on my PP thread, it may help youto find a good video. here is what she said:
    "Elle, love your pp and the colors! Carol Doak's book and DVD is how I learned, I could never understand it before. Her DVD is wonderful, plus her way of showing you all the little tricks adding fabric etc. It all came together for me when I bought the whole kit...book, DVD, add-1/4" ruler, and paper. "

Hope it helps, Elle
    Old 05-17-2009, 06:44 AM

I would but right now they are under the storage space in front of my bay window and my quilt frame is in front of the bay window. It would take me 1/2 a day just to get to them. LOL
    Old 05-17-2009, 06:50 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by okie3
    I would but right now they are under the storage space in front of my bay window and my quilt frame is in front of the bay window. It would take me 1/2 a day just to get to them. LOL

No sweat, okie3, I'll wait right here until you get back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just remember in the future, take pictures and save them, so you will always have them to go with the memories. also I would write down everything you know about each quilt. I have one of my Great Grandmothers that is worn out and I don't know anything about it.Sad for me.

Ninnie
    Old 05-17-2009, 07:04 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Ninnie:
    Don't think you are going about anything wrong. I wish I could get hand quilting down to where I am happy with my stitching. I LOVE HAND QUILTED QUILTS. I just don't seem to be able to get my stitiching even, I know, practice, Practice, PRACTICE!! My first quilt I did the border in hand stitching. It is very relaxing to quilt this way.
    I love the quilt it is really beautiful and made the traditional way. Keep up the lovely work and please post pictures again when you are done.
    Old 05-17-2009, 10:55 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks pennyswings, glad you like it.

you are absolutely right practice, practice, practice! :D

Ninnie
    Old 05-17-2009, 11:03 AM

Keep waiting , it will be sometime during the week before I get the quilt frame down. I will be cleaning house so the kids can mess it up next weekend. Yes, I will take pictures, most of the quilts are made out of feed sacks and left over fabrics from cloths that she made me to wear for school, I mean from 1st grade through High school. There is fabric in there that she made out fits for my cousin and I just alike (only 3 months difference in our ages) we are more like sisters than cousins.
    Old 05-17-2009, 04:21 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by okie3
    Keep waiting , it will be sometime during the week before I get the quilt frame down. I will be cleaning house so the kids can mess it up next weekend. Yes, I will take pictures, most of the quilts are made out of feed sacks and left over fabrics from cloths that she made me to wear for school, I mean from 1st grade through High school. There is fabric in there that she made out fits for my cousin and I just alike (only 3 months difference in our ages) we are more like sisters than cousins.

I'll be watching for them!

Ninnie