Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • hand quilting question on already started quilt >
  • hand quilting question on already started quilt

• hand quilting question on already started quilt

Old 06-26-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by sarahrachel
    well I decided to just keep going with it, hand quilting the other 2 waves and then splitting the waves to continue around the edge to meet up with the waves that go the other way. as for the center of the blocks, I want to try fan quilting it, but have something in the middle of them. maybe hearts.

and as I don't want to ask her what she was going to name it, I might call it "Scrapped Together" as it kind of looks scrappy, but all the fabric was bought for it and only those are used in it. any other ideas? I'm really bad at the naming process
    I am so very glad you decided to keep going with it, leaving in what your mother had already quilted. In the years to come it will be such a wonderful keepsake for you. I would name it "Mother's footsteps" as you are following in her footsteps in continuing the quilting.
    Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 PM

I just saw someone else's finished quilt and it kind of looked like this one. Is this a turning twenty quilt? It kind of looks like it now that I saw someone elses. But I love your idea of Mother's Footsteps" bobbielinks! I might just use that instead. I was just wondering what the pattern actually is