• hard at work, and I need suggestions >
  • hard at work, and I need suggestions

• hard at work, and I need suggestions

Old 07-07-2009, 06:09 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Originally Posted by cutebuns
    Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Oh my. I love all your machines. Busy Busy gal. Your doing an awesome job kiddo
    THank you very much Bev, they are fun to play with, it takes a bit to get to know each of them, I am doing it slowly. I have had some longer than others, You would think that I could get so very much more done on them, not so that I have noticed, I want to do so much more.
    I wanna go to your house and play.... So is Alberta close to Washington? :wink:
    I just googled it and it will take about 16 hours to drive it. so I am a little ways away, but you are more than welcome to come if you are up for it, My door is always open.
    Old 07-07-2009, 06:14 AM
    Banned

well when you get tired of it, you can send to me :lol: kidding. i love it.
    Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 AM
    Power Poster

I would love to do stuff for everyone that wanted something, even if it was a wall hanging, I am not even done stuff for my family, it will be a few years before I get that far in my work,
    Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 AM

CB, your quilt is just one of the cutest I've seen. Your decisions on the quilting patterns were really very good.

I want a long arm very badly.....did it take you long to learn? You have a great set-up there.
    Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
    CB, your quilt is just one of the cutest I've seen. Your decisions on the quilting patterns were really very good.

I want a long arm very badly.....did it take you long to learn? You have a great set-up there.
    It really didn't take long to learn, I didn't even get a demo on how to thread it, there is a book etc on it. Though it is a sewing machine, how hard can it be to thread? THere are still little things that I am learning, I will probably be learning little things for quiet a few years on it. THe biggest thing is to relax when working the machine, it will flow so much nice. I have a couple of books, for machine quilting, some cover both the small and long arm, the biggest difference is that I move the machine instead of the fabric. I had to watch the dvd a few times to be okay at loading everything up, now that I have done it a few times I can do it no problem, I remember what side goes up and what side goes down, what piece goes on what bar. It is pretty simple after you have seen it a couple of times. and now it is a matter to figure out how to get it to do all the pretty stuff I see everyone else doing. Practice, practice paractice. There is some to remember when doing it, making sure that you pull up the bobbin thread a tthe beginning, making sure you pull the bobbin thread up at the end to snip it so you are not dragging it everywhere, where I can leave the end if I want to continue after moving the quilt up. I didn't do to bad doing the tracing. I have so many more ideas. I want to try them all.
    Old 07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
    Power Poster

I finally took a picture of the back, I need a little work on my tension and stuff, but here it is
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-17912.jpe