Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Here is my sewing spaces >
  • Here is my sewing spaces

• Here is my sewing spaces

Old 03-25-2009, 01:35 PM

Wow!! So like that you showed us your space...! Okay, I am going to say it...show us your stash:)LOL I promise when it warms back up and I get to 'my space' again in the dungeon...I'll take pics for you all too. We all love to see the sewing rooms.....and, even 1 fat quarter!LOL So glad you shared! And, watch out for that dh....he is ever so sneaky:)Skeat
    Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
    Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Originally Posted by k3n
    Red, I also like to at least start off tidy - everything laid out, lined up with precision - but I always end up messy!

K x
    this is me...cannot start in a mess, but end up with one. then straighten and put away tools...rinse and repeat...I am seriously gonna take pics and see if my brother can post them for me. You guys are gonna rag me, or inundate me with begging, when you see my stash and tools. I've seen and heard a few on here, like mine, but i been embarrassed too long, time to brag...maybe :oops:
    Oooh yes, please; please - I'm dying to see your stuff - get your brother over there asap! Tell him I said so!

K x
    OK...gonna go snap some shots, now...it's not all that clean at the moment, but...you will have to wait for pics, bc I have to go get them developed and then get brother down here, when he is not busy. Just remember...you asked for it! :D
    Old 03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
    Power Poster

adrian lee ... I get what you are saying. And I am sure you are very happy in your space. Come on show it! I love to see where everyone sews.

Skeat ... He sure is sneaky! Oh well after all these years, so am I. Just kidding .... not! Ha ha ha ha .... Which stash?

Hey quitincrazy is gonna post a pic of her crative space. Cool!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 PM
    Power Poster

:lol: LOL!!! :lol:
    you'd think some guy in a speedo, just jumped out of a cake!
    took me a doggone 45 minutes to find the camera. It fell off the wall unit, behind the microwave. was wedged in there. Told ya my house is small!
    Will be several days before I can get them developed, but I'm not fooling, after all that I just did to get these pics, I'm whupped...gonna post these bad boys! :P
    Old 03-25-2009, 09:22 PM

OK, Red. Sweetie, tell me this is a joke. You staged that room to make me jealous. :mrgreen: Right? :lol: I would not know WHERE to begin to make my room look half as nice as yours. My room is 12 x 12 and has an 8-ft. closet. There's an armoir (books, etc) and a chest of drawers (notions, cutters, etc.) An L-shaped sewing table for 2 machines. A roll top desk, filing cabinet, and a folding hobby table. Oh, there's the treadle machine and antique wooden ironing board. And boxes/bins stacked everywhere -- fabrics AND scrapbooking supplies. I know I should be embarrassed even posting this, but maybe the embarrassment will cause me to try to do something about it. What can I get rid of? I've already sorted and purged (it went to Goodwill and charity sew-ers). Now I'm not mentioning the bins that are stacked in my walk-in closet and the corner of our bedroom. It's no wonder I can't sleep. Bad feng shue (sp?).I'll stop now. I wish I could rub elbows with some of you organized, neat people -- and it would rub off on me. :mrgreen: :lol:
    Old 03-25-2009, 10:38 PM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    :lol: LOL!!! :lol:
    you'd think some guy in a speedo, just jumped out of a cake!
    took me a doggone 45 minutes to find the camera. It fell off the wall unit, behind the microwave. was wedged in there. Told ya my house is small!
    Will be several days before I can get them developed, but I'm not fooling, after all that I just did to get these pics, I'm whupped...gonna post these bad boys! :P
    yeeeeaaayyy!

K x
    Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 AM

Maybe we should declare a forum sewing room/space month. Prob a warmer month for snowsewers like me that vacate their space for warmer months;) How fun would it be and it would give everyone a bit of time to hide some of the stash:)LOL what fun! Skeat
    Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 AM

Just beautiful Red Garnet. I envy your ability to be tidy. I'm a mess cat and even with a large room it looks like a tornado came through most of the time. Some day I will clean it all up and send some ideas for sewing items taken from around the house and attic that I use to store things. Right now they are under about 1 1/2' of stuff LOL :lol:
    Old 03-26-2009, 05:05 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Skeat
    Maybe we should declare a forum sewing room/space month. Prob a warmer month for snowsewers like me that vacate their space for warmer months;) How fun would it be and it would give everyone a bit of time to hide some of the stash:)LOL what fun! Skeat
    Skeat, what do you mean by a forum sewingroom/space month? I am intrigued.

I USED TO BE LIKE EVERYBODY ON THIS POST, THAT JUST COULDN'T GET GOING. I AM NOT COMPLETELY CURED....it's just that I learned my biggest hindrance: I CANNOT WORK WITH CLUTTER UP TO MY EARS, ALL AROUND ME.
    Now, when you see my pictures, my room is packed, but it IS organized. Not vacuumed this week, but nothing on the floor, except garbage cans and bins. Tables have some stuff that is cut out, so I am working on other table. I will not cut out one more project, until this one is done, simply bc, IT IS IN THE WAY of anything new.
    I do have a block that I will do, but that's small.
    Then I will get back to the toddler quilt, hanging on my design board.
    I only kept the stuff, I know I am really going to use, and gave away or trashed, (oh, did I mention I was a famous box, bin, bag, ice cream bucket collector????) WAS.
    When I cleaned and organized, one space at a time, and kept cleaning and organizing, till it was all done the way I want it, THEN, I felt freer to be creative.
    It's not the way you are born, and it's not a gift. I have to push myself to stay neat...each and every day, but it is the most freeing thing I have done for myself. I am an addict, I am compulsive, and i can be a procrastinator. I will always wrestle with these issues, but now I know I can do something about it. And some days, I just don't go in there, so the urge will come back big time...and I set the timer. Absence does not make the heart grow fonder, it makes me lazy. One day of vacation, unless I am sick or not home. Gonna quit yacking about this now. These are the things that work for ME. Keep doing what you been doing and the same things will keep happening...I have to remind myself of that.
    I hope each and every person finds their "groove". I have a motton on a bulletin board, "SOMETIMES THE ONLY REASON AN IDEA DOES NOT WORK, IS BC I - DON'T DO IT!!!" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Old 03-26-2009, 05:30 AM
    Power Poster

LOL>LOL>LOL>LOL>LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of what I just wrote actually fits here, but in the process of making so many replies, one after another, got my 'stuff' jumbled in my head. DO YOU EVER DO THAT? I have called ppl by other ppl's names, forgot and gave hints or advice about deceased ppl, thought I was talking to one person, and remembering their stuff, only to find out later, that is not that person at all...ROFLMBO...guess you have to be here, to get this...gonna go post this on, no gumption to sew now! (laughing and muttering to herself...) :lol: :lol: :lol: