Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • This is how I machine quilt >
  • This is how I machine quilt

• This is how I machine quilt

Old 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM

Your is very Nice and look very soft and warm!! I Love your sewing Room and Machines!!! :thumbup: :XD: :wink: :-D :mrgreen:
    Old 07-29-2010, 01:57 PM

Dear Gran of 6,

Can you tell me how large your area is for your sewing studio? Since it is in the basement what type of lighting do you have? Could you PM me some more pictures. I want to redo my room and yours just looks like what I am looking for. I want two stations for my sewing machine and I never thought to put my computer in there to.

I would have never thought you could use and embroidery machine to do quilting. Wow! If a salesmen would have told me that I may have already owned one. What kind do you have.
    Thanks for any info you can send me and sorry about the long post.

nettie
    Old 07-29-2010, 02:27 PM

Hi Nettie. I have Husqvarna/Viking machines. I have a Designer I, a Designer SE, a Topaz, and the new Designer Diamond. They are all embroidery machines. The SE & Diamond can connect to the computer, the Topaz uses a USB stick. I got it last year when I thought I couldn't justify the cost of the Diamond. Then a couple months ago my dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I bought the Diamond. Sometime I will post pictures of what it will do. The Diamond is the one in the picture. It is awesome, expensive, but awesome. My room is about 20' by 30'. I will try to PM you some pics tomorrow. I have to go through my pics. I have some of when it was being built. I've got grands coming to spend the night tonight so I won't get a chance to get to it tonite.
    Old 07-29-2010, 03:21 PM

to Noveltyjunkie, the fleece front is one piece and the checked is pieced about 8 inches in from each side. I made a printed out template of my embroidery design and just started measuring what distance I thought I wanted them apart. Then I decided after doing those that there needed to be more, so I staggered rows. When I get a pic of the finished quilt you will see that. I don't think they are real even, but I don't think a 19-year old college student is going to measure them out. I didn't use any stabilizer on the back, but pinned water-soluble to the front after hooping each area. Then after stitching it just pulls off.
    Old 07-29-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Here are a couple pictures of my setup for quilting on the embroidery machine. The machine was doing the last square of a quilt I am making for my grandson to take with him to college. I know it's not very exciting, but he is a black and grey person. I use water soluble stabilizer on top of the fleece so the stitches don't sink into the fleece. The checked back is a brushed cotton, not quite a flannel. It will have a checked binding on the bias (I hope). I hope they show up okay.
    I machine embroidery quilted a quilt one time with a feather design. I hooped it 99 times. I wanted to prove it could be done. Won 2nd place at the Mid South Fair.

Good Job and love the set up you had.
    Old 07-29-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by quiltaholic
    Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Here are a couple pictures of my setup for quilting on the embroidery machine. The machine was doing the last square of a quilt I am making for my grandson to take with him to college. I know it's not very exciting, but he is a black and grey person. I use water soluble stabilizer on top of the fleece so the stitches don't sink into the fleece. The checked back is a brushed cotton, not quite a flannel. It will have a checked binding on the bias (I hope). I hope they show up okay.
    I machine embroidery quilted a quilt one time with a feather design. I hooped it 99 times. I wanted to prove it could be done. Won 2nd place at the Mid South Fair.

Good Job and love the set up you had.
    Wow! Good for you! It is so much fun and a real challenge!
    Old 07-29-2010, 04:14 PM
    Power Poster

Beautiful sewing area and machine. Good for you.
    Old 07-29-2010, 04:24 PM

Lovely quilt to take along to college. Very lucky student! Your sewing room is "the dream" room. The counters/storage/station set-up is exactly what I'd love to have, but haven't been able to justify...Yet! I too have the Husqvarna Designer I. Several years ago I invested in myself and I am not sorry. It is the most wonderful machine! So easy to use - I'm terrible with written directions. I love doing embroidery! And the quilting ability is much safer than FMQ. Have you thought about getting the quilting machine they have - the computerized version? THAT is my dream machine
    Old 07-29-2010, 04:48 PM

Wow, not one, not two, not three, but 4 embroidery machines....that is a dream come true. LOL, you could have all 4 going at once..
    Makes me wonder how I manage with just one (Designer SE) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waiting to see your pictures :thumbup:
    Old 07-29-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
    Wow, not one, not two, not three, but 4 embroidery machines....that is a dream come true. LOL, you could have all 4 going at once..
    Makes me wonder how I manage with just one (Designer SE) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waiting to see your pictures :thumbup:
    Yes, when Christmas comes and I am doing my projects, I usually embroider on 2 and sew on another. I also have 2 sergers, one set up to do cover stitch for knits; as I sew for people.