• The Hummingbird Quilt is done!!!

• The Hummingbird Quilt is done!!!

Old 05-23-2013, 05:54 PM

Pretty and colorful. Love it.
    Old 05-23-2013, 08:14 PM

Beautiful quilt!
    Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
    Thanks Gerbie You know I own you big time on this one because without you I could not have gotten that rose fabric. Again Thanks.
    Hey what are friends for, if not to help . For those of you who are wondering about the rose fabric. I found it at WalMart. I used this same rose fabric in a quilt I made, called "Hope's Rose Garden" look in the pictures of quilts. I made it a couple of years ago. Sesaw2mch saw my design and fabric in a sketch I sent her in an email, and wanted some. Thank goodness they had some left. I had no idea she would make such a beautiful quilt out of it. However, I do know about her beautiful hummers, she did some for me and they are just adorable, so lifelike. I'm not going to use mine on a quilt, but want to make a jacket and use them. I have other fabrics to go with the fabric of her hummers she sent me, can hardly wait to get to that project, if I can get some of my quilts out of the way first. I am also looking for just the right jacket pattern to show off her beautiful hummers. Seems she has just the knack for emb. hummers. I love mine. Congrats again on the beautiful quilt my dear friend.
    Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 PM

Did you embroider the hummingbirds on this? Would not of thought to use my embroidery machine like this. Will have to try this. You did a superb job . Really like how this came together.
    Old 05-23-2013, 10:53 PM

This is really beautiful. I love hummingbirds, too. Like the pineapple blocks a lot. You did a great job.
    Old 05-24-2013, 03:58 PM

Is there a pattern? If not how big are the blocks? I have some great flowered fabric that would look good in a quilt like this. Just love it and the humming birds, I have that on my machine. Great idea. Great quilt and it will be treasured for many years to come.
    Old 05-24-2013, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by lizzy
    Love the way you set your blocks. Perfect for a pretty print you hesitate to cut up. Were the birds part of the fabric design or did you add them later? Beautiful quilt.
    I machine embroidered them on
    Old 05-24-2013, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaC
    Just last weekend I went to a machine embroidery event at a local store. Haven't used my embroidery machine in a couple of years, but I dragged it out and it worked just perfectly. The event gave me tons of ideas for using embroidery in my quilting, and you've just given me another one! Thanks so much for posting.
    You will NOT regret doing so. I have so much fun with working with the embroidery blocks. And just so you know, I get almost all my designs from the Embroidery Library, they are affordable and I have a program that I can change things up if I want so the possibilities are endless. No I don't have any stock in the company or other association with them other then being a very satisfied customer.
    Old 05-24-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by starr511
    I tried to pm you but don't know how. I just love your quilt. I am wondering what type of thread you used in your hummingbird. It is just beautiful. Looks like metallic thread? Thanks for sharing.
    It is just plain embroidery thread, no metallics.
    Old 05-24-2013, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Carol34446
    Is there a pattern? If not how big are the blocks? I have some great flowered fabric that would look good in a quilt like this. Just love it and the humming birds, I have that on my machine. Great idea. Great quilt and it will be treasured for many years to come.
    I put this together on my EQ program. but below is the sizes I used:
    The blocks with the green and white are 12 inch and called "Thrifty"
    The multi-colored ones are 24 inch "Wild Geese Log Cabin"
    The rose blocks (with the green blocks) were just fabric cut to 12 inch
    The rose block in the middle of the quilt is 24 inches square (24 1/2 unfinished).

THESE ARE FINISHED SIZES, so 12 1/2 would be unfinished and 24 1/2 unfinished for the Wild Geese Log Blocks and the middle.