Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I Almost Want To CRY!  Baby Jane drama! >
  • I Almost Want To CRY! Baby Jane drama!

• I Almost Want To CRY! Baby Jane drama!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:26 AM
    Banned

I am not sure if anyone else has suggested this or not, as I am not going to read 4 pages of comments, BUT you can still use these blocks..

all you need to do is get some light weight fusible interfacing and fuse them to it....it will stabilize that fabric!

BUT instead of returning this to Joanns, who will NOT refund you...send the torn pieces to Hoffman/Kona and let them replace your yardage with NEW fabric! Send a pix of the yardage you have left but only send them the pieces you have torn..or a 1/4 yard so they can test it themselves!
    Old 06-15-2011, 05:33 AM

So sorry to hear about what happened. If it helps at all the blocks are beautiful. I agree with our fellow quilters, go to Jo-Ann's; firm, strong, cold and with authority tell them. No, it is not the employee or even the manager of the store; but, with money as tight as it is we have the right to demand quality for our dollars.

This does nothing to solve your problem, just know we understand.
    Old 06-15-2011, 05:38 AM

OMG!!! How awful. JoAnn's fabrics kind of scare me anymore.
    Old 06-15-2011, 05:42 AM

Ohhh, I am so sorry for you. Guess it would be a good idea to give future fabric purchases, a strong "snap" in both directions. I have had this happen, but only on older fabric.
    Old 06-15-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
    Oh, no, that IS terrible!

Please remember, when you go back to Joann's, that it is not the fault of the employees that you speak to -- they are just cogs in a machine. Cold, steely, controlled anger and persistence is the best way to communicate. Ask to speak to the store manager, and go back if necessary to find that person in. Sorry to preach, but I cringe for mere sales clerks who are the subject of someone's anger.

One suggestion: Try to find a lightweight iron on stabilizer or interfacing and apply that to the back of some fabric and one or two of your existing blocks. See if that gives enough strength to go on with. In a book I just acquired, the author recommends Sulky Soft 'n Sheer stabilizer.

Good luck!
    I agree...I always try to follow the old adage. "Don't shoot the messanger" :-D I have said this when phoning to complain or even in person and always get great help from whomever is working with me.
    Old 06-15-2011, 05:47 AM

My suggestion would be to make a wall hanging or two. Fuse the back with a light fusible web and it should keep it stable. At least you would have some ready made gifts and a use for all of your hard work.
    Old 06-15-2011, 05:53 AM

I am so sorry to hear what has happened to your fabric and I think there are pages of great info on what to do... BUT I think who ever you bring this fabric back to... Jo_Ann's or Kona... you need to tell them that what ever the results are you are going to tell all of us. You are not just one person that has a fabric problem, this is all of us waiting to hear... how are these companies are going to stand up to there product.
    Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 AM

am not sure how many people use Kona muslin. I don't because it is more expensive than the other stuff - which I don't use much of anyway, but when i do, it works fine. It could be that joanns had lots on hand that got too much sun or something (and of course they won't admit it.)
    Old 06-15-2011, 06:14 AM

Is there maybe a way you can attach each block to a foundation block to stabilize it, and ten get it quilted using a stippling or other tight pattern to hold it all together?
    Old 06-15-2011, 06:16 AM

This is such a good idea to try!
    I do not have a Joann's near me and now I am not sorry. I am glad I have my LQS and the QB to buy fabric.

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
    Oh, no, that IS terrible!

Please remember, when you go back to Joann's, that it is not the fault of the employees that you speak to -- they are just cogs in a machine. Cold, steely, controlled anger and persistence is the best way to communicate. Ask to speak to the store manager, and go back if necessary to find that person in. Sorry to preach, but I cringe for mere sales clerks who are the subject of someone's anger.

One suggestion: Try to find a lightweight iron on stabilizer or interfacing and apply that to the back of some fabric and one or two of your existing blocks. See if that gives enough strength to go on with. In a book I just acquired, the author recommends Sulky Soft 'n Sheer stabilizer.

Good luck!