Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I Dare You!..... >
  • I Dare You!.....

• I Dare You!.....

Old 06-07-2010, 02:14 PM

what's the name of the pattern?

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
    I tend to put things away as I use so many fabrics for the next project, I have to have a clear floor and tables lol..this is my studio. It is 36x12 and used to be a screened porched that nobody used. I taught many painting classes here for a few years. This is half of the studio.

There are are two computer stations in here, my big Gammill quilter, all my painting supplies and paint rack and doll stuff etc. I don't keep my fabrics in here just a few books. The other side has cubboards of supplies etc.

I have pulled the fabric for the "Colorful Quilt" that I will be working on next. See my little friend under the table?

The background of the quilt will be the fabric on the bottom right. I may add more fabric to the pile as the days go by. I will be blogging this quilt on both my blogs as I go along.

I am cutting out the patterns now and reading the maps. She has a map for each section and how to put it together...it is very well written. I went to Kinkos and had another copy made and that is the one I'm cutting up. See the pattern pinned to the wall? It is the exact size of the quilt.
    Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 PM

Hi..I have so enjoyed looking through this thread and having a giggle. Now I'm in a position to share mine. It's not much, but it is mine :)

I didn't have a sewing space until just this last weekend. I had to sew on the dining table. I used have my sewing area at the end of this room a few years ago but had to convert it back to a temporary bedroom when some of the off-spring decided to move back home. (They've been gone again for quite a while now :D ) Then hubby started his own busines and we needed office space. But, on the weekend we moved a few things around and had a big cleanup and found some space for me :D Although the room is quite big I have to share it with 2 office desks and computers and some filing cabinets, and a treadmill (or should I say 'dreadmill'..lol), but it's enough room for me and seems to work quite well. In fact, I'm quite thrilled to have it :D I have to cut out on the kitchen bench but I can put up with that.

I am lacking some storage so won't be able to accumulate too much stash. And I want to make one of those hangers I've seen on the site, to store my rulers etc on the wall behind my desk.

my desk
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]85914[/ATTACH]

a cupboard for storage
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]85915[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-85909.jpe   attachment-85910.jpe  
    Old 06-15-2010, 05:04 AM

It's looking really good.
    Old 07-28-2010, 11:57 AM

I just love your space! So cute
    Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM

You are all set. Love your colorful rollaround bins(they are rollaround, aren't they? thought I saw the wheels). Have fun in your space.
    Old 07-28-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by 1quilt_gma
    You are all set. Love your colorful rollaround bins(they are rollaround, aren't they? thought I saw the wheels). Have fun in your space.
    Yes, they are roll around..supposed to be 4 high but they wouldn't fit under the table so we only assembled 3. I want to make a hanging storage thingy on the wall, to store my rulers etc. Will be better than looking at a blank wall...lol.
    Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
    Originally Posted by 1quilt_gma
    Yes, they are roll around..supposed to be 4 high but they wouldn't fit under the table so we only assembled 3. I want to make a hanging storage thingy on the wall, to store my rulers etc. Will be better than looking at a blank wall...lol.
    I have a vinyl trellis on my workroom wall. it's got diagonals about 6" apart and I hang my stencils and rulers on it on S hooks. it is 8 ft x 4 ft and we hung it on the wall with plywood spacers between it and the wall. I have S hooks hung on the trellis and it is real easy to remove the quilting stencils or rulers. And they are all in plain sight but flat on the wall so they take up no space in the room.
    Old 07-28-2010, 04:11 PM

StitchinJoy, that's a great idea too..I'll keep it in mind :)
    Old 07-28-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
    :lol:
    I knew the minute I saw this picture who it was from
    Old 07-28-2010, 05:13 PM

Here's my sewing area. It's so small, I know, but its in my bedroom. I have a dresser in my closet with my fabric and batting in it, but it's nothing to see.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-69196.jpe