Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew! >
  • I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!

• I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!

Old 07-03-2010, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    well, the principal was out of the net most of yesterday so nobody gets detention for running in the halls. :lol:

your buddies have given you good advice. if you had scanned and posted i'd have had to delete it. but you didn't, so i didn't, so noooooooooo harm done. ;-)
    Can I come out of the corner now??? I promise not to run in the hall with scissors again, really. Pretty please!! :)

Here it is on the design wall and all ready to be pieced. I've already sewn the 1st 4 rows and have 4 to go. Then will come the hard part of sewing the rows together. That's when I have to do a set in seam. So far.....this hasn't been bad as long as I immediately get the pieces back onto the wall so I don't lose my place with the colored bands. Thank the Lord I took pictures, LOL. I've already resorted to the pictures 2x to get myself back on track. :)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-83228.jpe  
    Old 07-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Lori I am going to try ebay to see if they have
    Old 07-04-2010, 04:50 PM
    Power Poster

Lori...that is amazing!!! All those set in seams...whew! I've learned how to do them on my Dear Jane quilt...but I don't know if I feel confident enough to put together a whole quilt like you...amazing...its just beautiful!! Please keep showing us..pretty please?!!! :D
    Old 07-04-2010, 08:50 PM

You are braver than I am! You are a great mom to tackle this one, hope she understands the work you are going to be putting into it to finish it. I know she will love it when it is done.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
    Old 07-05-2010, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by wraez
    You are braver than I am! You are a great mom to tackle this one, hope she understands the work you are going to be putting into it to finish it. I know she will love it when it is done.

When she chose the quilt she had no idea (and neither did I) how much work this quilt would involve. To her credit......she has followed the progress very closely and is immensely appreciative of the work involved. As appreciative as a 19yr old girl can be anyway! LOL. Seriously....it's been wonderful having her come home every few days to see how her quilt is coming or sending a text to ask.....I love it! Now my big worry is her brother will be home from Rhode Island tomorrow and here comes the "sweet! ....what are you making for me" conversation. Having 2 kids 17mths apart has given me years of "you do more for her/him than you do for me" conversations. :) I love my kids!
    Old 07-05-2010, 07:15 AM

Looks amazing! It sure is a lot of work though. Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Old 07-05-2010, 08:11 PM

Now my big worry is her brother will be home from Rhode Island tomorrow and here comes the "sweet! ....what are you making for me" conversation. Having 2 kids 17mths apart has given me years of "you do more for her/him than you do for me" conversations. :) I love my kids![/quote]

Yes I understand kids... my 3 daughters say the same thing all the time, it does get tiring cuz there is no way to keep all things equal, and we love the kids unconditionally too.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:48 PM

Lovely! Could you please give pattern info? I would like to try making a block like this one. Daughter should be very happy to get this one!
    Old 07-05-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by SassySewer53
    Lovely! Could you please give pattern info? I would like to try making a block like this one. Daughter should be very happy to get this one!
    SassySewer.......if you read back a few pages you will see the entire conversation regarding this pattern and my inability to post it here on the quilting board. :( Has to do with a copyright issue. Anyway.....it's called an Amish Wedding Ring. Good luck finding it. I got it from a book called Encyclopedia of 101 Best loved quilt patterns.
    Old 07-06-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Great for your 3rd quilt!
    with my skills, it would be great for a 300th quilt, thus never happen... it is wonderful!