Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew! >
  • I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!

• I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!

Old 07-02-2010, 05:40 AM

That is pretty and looks like you are doing a great job
    Old 07-02-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Originally Posted by Lori L
    Originally Posted by benson1
    i'd like the pattern too
    I'm OFF today!!! Actually I'm OFF for the nex 5 days :) :) :):)
    I will definately try to scan the pattern into my computer so I can post it. Question......should I post it here or is there a better place for that sort of thing?
    Lori...I hate to throw a damper on your generous offer to share a pattern, but is it copyrighted? Most are...and if so, you should not post it...it would be against the copyright laws. You might want to check into it further before you post. You can however post a link to where it is offered for sale

:D and I'm sure lots of us would go buy it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....I would never think of that sort of thing by myself and then wonder why I get into trouble :) Where would I find if it is copyrighted?? Maybe I just shouldn't post it......I do know there isn't a site on-line to purchase the pattern. I did a pretty good search and didn't find it.
    Old 07-02-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by benson1
    i'd like the pattern too
    I'm OFF today!!! Actually I'm OFF for the nex 5 days :) :) :):)
    I will definately try to scan the pattern into my computer so I can post it. Question......should I post it here or is there a better place for that sort of thing?
    Lori...I hate to throw a damper on your generous offer to share a pattern, but is it copyrighted? Most are...and if so, you should not post it...it would be against the copyright laws. You might want to check into it further before you post. You can however post a link to where it is offered for sale

:D and I'm sure lots of us would go buy it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....I would never think of that sort of thing by myself and then wonder why I get into trouble :) Where would I find if it is copyrighted?? Maybe I just shouldn't post it......I do know there isn't a site on-line to purchase the pattern. I did a pretty good search and didn't find it.

If you own the book, you obviously have permission to copy the patterns for your own use, since the templates and instructions are there for each individual quilt. The Introduction says "If you are new to quilting, the Workship will introduce you to the basic techniques....If you are an experienced quilter, jump right in...etc.. Also talks about how through the years American woman have been sharing these patterns throughout history. If the orinator of a pattern has passed on, does the copyright go away? And looks like we have an Editor, not an Author.

The book is an encyclopedia of Classic Quilt Patterns but does indicate "may not be reproduced.except for..........., or limited excerpts strictly for personal use.

So, no copying or ?????
    Old 07-02-2010, 12:34 PM
    Power Poster

WOW That is stunning. 3rd project. You are great. Keep it up.
    Old 07-02-2010, 03:12 PM

i try to get a copy for myself and then you dont have to copy
    it okay
    Old 07-02-2010, 03:54 PM
    Power Poster

Lori...I would ask PatriceJ about it with some specifics. She is a moderator here on the board and usually our "go to" person for copyright issues. Just go to User List..search for PatriceJ and then click on her name to send her a PM.
    Old 07-02-2010, 04:01 PM
    Banned

very pretty, you can do it!!!
    Old 07-02-2010, 05:19 PM

Lori...I would ask PatriceJ about it with some specifics. She is a moderator here on the board and usually our "go to" person for copyright issues. Just go to User List..search for PatriceJ and then click on her name to send her a PM.
    I feel like I've been sent to the principal's office....:).......but okay, I'll PM PatriceJ and see what she has to say.
    Old 07-02-2010, 10:58 PM
    Administrator

well, the principal was out of the net most of yesterday so nobody gets detention for running in the halls. :lol:

your buddies have given you good advice. if you had scanned and posted i'd have had to delete it. but you didn't, so i didn't, so noooooooooo harm done. ;-)
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:01 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    well, the principal was out of the net most of yesterday so nobody gets detention for running in the halls. :lol:

your buddies have given you good advice. if you had scanned and posted i'd have had to delete it. but you didn't, so i didn't, so noooooooooo harm done. ;-)
    Patrice...Principle???? Well, I'm sure she has principles, but I know for certain that she isn't a principle here...her sense of humor wouldn't allow it...she would be laughing too hard to spank us!! :lol: :lol: Don't worry about it one bit...you just were being nice and didn't think about it.