Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I joined in on the tote craze >
  • I joined in on the tote craze

• I joined in on the tote craze

Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
    Very nice bags how easy is it? I just started sewing in January so I don't know if I can do it, but really want one.
    bags are easier than you think!!! There are so many patterns out there from easy to challenging. You should check out your nearest quilt/fabric store and look for some good easy patterns. I'm sure one of the sales clerks could help you to find a pattern that is best for you!!! Join the craze girl!
    Old 07-22-2008, 03:47 AM

Okay Aggi will do thanks for the encouragement. I will more than likely head to the store after work and get the stuff if they have the bag.
    Old 07-22-2008, 03:51 AM

Yes, the totes are really easy to make. When I first read thru the pattern I wasn't so sure but once you jump into it all makes sense. I can't make mine in 2 hours more like about 4 hours but they are very fun to make. I sure that you can do it. If you have any questions just ask and I'm sure that we can help you thru it. Good luck and don't forget to post pics.
    Old 07-22-2008, 03:58 AM

Okay Aggi will do thanks for the encouragement. I will more than likely head to the store after work and get the stuff if they have the bag.
    wooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!! Looks like we got ourselves another tote bag bagger!!! LOL Welcome to the Addiction!!
    Old 07-22-2008, 03:58 AM

Will do as soon as the quilt shop opens I'll be calling to see if they have the pattern vs. ordering on line then going for fabric. Thanks for all the info.
    Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by ccbear66
    Yes, the totes are really easy to make. When I first read thru the pattern I wasn't so sure but once you jump into it all makes sense. I can't make mine in 2 hours more like about 4 hours but they are very fun to make. I sure that you can do it. If you have any questions just ask and I'm sure that we can help you thru it. Good luck and don't forget to post pics.
    ccbear.... once you start making more and more of them, your time will get cut down. When I first started making my flip flop tote bags, each one took me approximately 3-3 1/2 hours. Now I can make one in 2 hours! I can do them in my sleep!! LOL
    Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 AM

I love both, but I really love the brown flower fabric! Where did you get that? I am thinking of getting this pattern and seeing if i can get some of that fabric and make one to use as a diaper bag!
    Thanks for sharing
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:01 AM

Will do as soon as the quilt shop opens I'll be calling to see if they have the pattern vs. ordering on line then going for fabric. Thanks for all the info.
    ordering online is great, but if you have the itch to make one now, then buy locally if you can. There are also some great bags online. Some of the baggers here have added links to some bag patterns. I don't know any off the top of my head sorry. The last few designs have been my own personal patterns. I have a pile of patterns I bought, but just haven't got round to making those yet. I am having fun drafting my own at the moment!!!

Don't forget to post photos when you get your first bag made!!!

Cheers!
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tigerbaby1981
    I love both, but I really love the brown flower fabric! Where did you get that? I am thinking of getting this pattern and seeing if i can get some of that fabric and make one to use as a diaper bag!
    Thanks for sharing
    I want to make diaper bags myself down the road, but it will probably be during the winter months before I can see myself working on those. I still have a few more quilts to complete by August and September. By mid August, I might be able to breathe again and get back to my bags and my new design.
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:19 AM

Ive been wanting to make a diaper bag since I started sewing last fall but sort been nervous to try one.. I dont know why.. Can never have too many totes and ones that can double as a diaper bag. :)