Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I joined in on the tote craze >
  • I joined in on the tote craze

• I joined in on the tote craze

Old 07-22-2008, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tigerbaby1981
    I love both, but I really love the brown flower fabric! Where did you get that? I am thinking of getting this pattern and seeing if i can get some of that fabric and make one to use as a diaper bag!
    Thanks for sharing
    I picked up the brown fabric at Walmart in the clearance bin. There was only about a 1/3 of a yard but it was enough to do the bottom and the pocket. I picked up the fabric about two weeks ago and didn't know what I was going to do with it just that I liked it and it was only 50 cents so I couldn't leave it there. When I decided to use it for the tote I went back to see if they had gotten in any more and they hadn't.
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 AM

Thanks, I dont think we get the same fabric in our walmarts in canada but now I will be on the look out for it or something like it online. :)
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:24 AM

I actually picked up some fat quarters today that I'm going to use on a tote. They were a $1 each and I think I already have the tote sold and it's not even made yet. lol A friend of mine stopped by today and saw it and asked me what I was going to make out of it. She said she'd LOVE a tote made from it. I told her what I would charge her and she said she'd buy it when it was done. How cool is that, huh??
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:26 AM

wow terri thats great! what type of tote are you making?
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I actually picked up some fat quarters today that I'm going to use on a tote. They were a $1 each and I think I already have the tote sold and it's not even made yet. lol A friend of mine stopped by today and saw it and asked me what I was going to make out of it. She said she'd LOVE a tote made from it. I told her what I would charge her and she said she'd buy it when it was done. How cool is that, huh??
    That is fantastic Terri!!!!!!!!! looks like you are doing very well with your tote sales!! How many totes would you say you have sold already?
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tigerbaby1981
    wow terri thats great! what type of tote are you making?
    Just a normal book sort of one. Nothing fancy.
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    That is fantastic Terri!!!!!!!!! looks like you are doing very well with your tote sales!! How many totes would you say you have sold already?
    This one that my friend wants will be number 5 if all goes well.
    I have to get to the CO's wife, as she has seen my totes and is wanting someone to make some. Not sure what she is planning with them. I'm thinking she wants someone to make and donate for a fund raiser. I don't mind doing it, but they'll have to supply the materials for it.
    Old 07-22-2008, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    This one that my friend wants will be number 5 if all goes well.
    I have to get to the CO's wife, as she has seen my totes and is wanting someone to make some. Not sure what she is planning with them. I'm thinking she wants someone to make and donate for a fund raiser. I don't mind doing it, but they'll have to supply the materials for it.
    thats fantastic!!!!!! I am planning to donate one of my Christmas tree skirts to my place of work. It will go on tickets here around November and the money will go towards Christmas food hampers for some of our low income families we provide housing and services too. I have made 12 of these skirts in total. I will donate one, and will give two away as gifts. The remaining 9 I hope to sell!!!! I figure if my tree skirt is exposed here at work, I might get some sales!! One lady bought one of my skirts last year!
    Old 07-22-2008, 05:32 AM
    Banned

oh oh....... now where is those tote bag patterns i bought yrs ago
    those are beautiful...