Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • i see really nice and neat sewing room dose your ever get to looking like this >
  • i see really nice and neat sewing room dose your ever get to looking like this

• i see really nice and neat sewing room dose your ever get to looking like this

Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 AM

That looks like my sewing room right now. I will get it cleaned up. My motto is "Creative clutter is better than idle neatness". That is my story and I am sticking to it. LOL
    Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by minnow895
    this is my sewing area after a few days of straight quilting
    all the time ;)>>LOL I can't create neatly. but it doesn't take long in between projects to clean up.
    Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlady37
    That looks like my sewing room right now. I will get it cleaned up. My motto is "Creative clutter is better than idle neatness". That is my story and I am sticking to it. LOL
    good story @! stick to it :)>
    Old 02-09-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by mrsmail
    Ok, I admit I am a messy. We moved in a new home, and my husband gave me the den as my sewing room. It is about 18x30 and has shelves on 3 walls (minus the large front window and the end window). The half bath is just right outside the room in the next door. The den has a door on it and I clean my mess up when I can't get out of it. My husband doesn't care how I keep it. His only threat was: he did not want to see one thread or scrap of fabric anywhere else in the house, or I would give up my room. When I am finished for the day, I am to close the door and walk away; so I do. I am NEVER giving up that room; it was my dream come true. I want to send pictures, soon.
    sounds like an awesome room.) do post pictures..
    Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 AM

just be sure you look at those scraps before you toss them- they might be big enough for another project.

I tidy up each night. I put my scissors away and line my lipped ruler up on the cutting mat nice and neat. I push in my chair and fold everything up nice and neat. I empty my 2 garbage cans every saturday. I will wait to vacuum when I see threads heading into the hallway. I do have a habit of leaving my shoes in there, I like to sew barefoot.

I just like having a clean room. I want to paint it this spring so I envision it neat and organized and minus my son's books and wrestling trophies, etc.
    Old 02-09-2010, 11:30 AM

So are you implying that's a bad thing? lol I have a commercially sold scrap catcher which is attached to a cushioned pad the machine sits on (can't find a site but I bought it at the sewing machine store). This mesh bag seems to attract threads and scraps dropped into it rather than repelling them like plastic bags do. HOWEVER, I have a craft bazaar scrap catcher on the ironing board and the floor around IT outdoes yours.
    Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 AM
    Banned

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah :oops:
    Old 02-09-2010, 04:17 PM

we have an antique cape (circa 1738) and my studio is upstairs. the master bedroom is down on the first floor, so my husband only comes up twice a year, to get the xmas stuff out of the attic and once to put it back. i have the old wide pine floors, with some gaps in them, which is where everything falls when i sweep it up..

once in a while my ddil, who loves to clean will come down frm vermont and take the shop vac to the cracks...

i love that girl!! all 5 of our kids know she's the favorite...
    Old 02-09-2010, 04:33 PM

LOVE IT!!!! Looks like mine! haha
    Old 02-09-2010, 04:37 PM

I am lucky -- I have hardwood floor in my sewing room, so the threads just sweep up really good, and the little scraps go right into a small can. Otherwise it all gets carried throughout the house on our socks, and then I have twice as much to clean up!! ;-)