Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I'll show you mine!If you show me yours! Sewing Rooms.. >
  • I'll show you mine!If you show me yours! Sewing Rooms..

• I'll show you mine!If you show me yours! Sewing Rooms..

Old 09-20-2009, 01:41 PM

lockeb - i can't stand it!!! :evil:

you not only have a neat and tidy room, but you also furnished it. aaargh!
    Old 09-20-2009, 01:43 PM

Yhea.....didn't always have a sewing room - it was mainly the dining room table - until I graduated to my own room....I'm going to be without a sewing room for the next few months at least...so it's back to the kitchen table for me... :roll:
    Old 09-20-2009, 01:47 PM

Hi Butterflywing...
    Acutally, the furnishing thing was the easy part....I changed my dining room set so the old table, buffet/hutch became a part of my sewing room - the table was great for working/cutting and the buffet/hutch for books/accessories....
    My machine table is a little desk that my grandad made for my grandma for her sewing...it's more sentimental than other things - I'm so glad to have it - and I had all of these white furniture pieces that would normally belong to the extra bedroom - I made some changes and they all came to my sewing room - tons of storage space with those........also had a chest of drawers that came from a second hand store - that a local artisan handpainted for me - many moons ago when I did the craft shows.....it made for great storage also - and if you noticed, there's a 3-in one ironing board/step stool/chair..my dad made that - a great souviner of his crafts and handiwork...
    I'm very sentimental - so many of the things in there had extra meaning for me...
    But, now I've had to pack it all up - actually many of the furniture pieces I've decide to sell - so when I finally get a new sewing room I'll start from scratch and have something different...I'm going to miss it - I loved working in there.....
    Bill
    Old 09-20-2009, 01:53 PM

lockeb, it's so hard to say goodbye to a good sewing room.

this is the first good one i ever had, so i don't know how to treat it very well. i hardly ever remember to feed it or groom it, as you can see. thank goodness i don't have to walk it. yikes!

you'll get yourself set up again in no time flat. i can see that you're very organized. before you know it, you'll be grinding out quilts like there was no break in routine at all.

i wish you good luck and many quilts in your new space. show us your new set-up when you can.
    Old 09-20-2009, 03:25 PM
    Power Poster

I just went through this whole post and I must say I love all of your sewing rooms/areas!!!! What great places to be creative in :D :D :D
    I am even more motivated now to get my room cleared and set up this winter 8) 8) 8) Thank you all for sharing you pictures!!!
    Old 09-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by muffins
    Great pictures Skeat, your own personal space. Makes sewing and quilting fun, don't have to fight for space.
    No Muffins...I don't have to fight for space for I moved all dh's saws out of this room...:)he-he...darn! He shouldn't have left for an afternoon:)I moved out of a 4x4' space..and, created my own!LOL

Butterflywing...I'd love to see another close up pic of that quilting machine....can't quite tell what you have going there!

Bill...so sad you are closing the door on your sewing room for awhile...but, another door will open!! I am picturing a bigger and better one your way soon!! Creative people just can't stay on the 'off' switch for long no matter what!!
    I have to bring up my machine in the winter for I don't heat the basement..and, boy does it get cold! So, in the dinning room I move and I start out w/one project that soon takes over the whole room plus however many more projects by the end of winter!LOL I do love using the kitchen bar for my cutting area...the perfect height!

All the pics are great!! I so could piddle in each and every one of them! I love how we all have our own personalities in creating our space w/things we enjoy! Espec those rounded top sewing machines in wood that are on the floor!! I had to sell mine like that years ago and still regret it!:( Can't keep everything I say...till I find another one!LOL Thanks for sharing...let's hope more do come!! Skeat
    Old 09-20-2009, 07:40 PM

hey skeat, i work in the basement also. i have no windows either :cry: .
    (well, i do have one little stinky window in each area, 10" high and the opening is only 12" wide. no sun gets in. but i do have those slopey outdoor basement doors? so dh said he can put in a screen door for me to get some air movement down here at least. but still only artificial light. however, he did give me heaters. i don't know if you noticed them. they make all the difference in the world. they hang on the walls. a big one in the big space and a small one in my room. also, i painted the floor light blue, so it feels more like a room.

your space looks to be much bigger than mine. i'm very scrunched in a room about 12 x 13, so i sort of - leaked - out into the big tv area, where i now have my quilter, design wall and 6 tubs of fabric under the frame. the machine on dh desk really lives in my room. ha! :lol: . and the shelves on the wall are filled with my books and mags. don't even ask me what i have in my space, because it hasn't been seen in years. :wink:

as for what's on the frame, you'll see it soon enough. it's my experiment with invisible thread.
    Old 09-21-2009, 06:25 AM

Butterflywing, you have a ton of fabric stash, I'd love to go shopping at your place! I like your longarm as well.
    Old 09-21-2009, 08:05 AM

Butterflywing -- Hot Dang!! Welcome to my club, girl, -- your room is ALMOST as bad as mine!! :D :D
    Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Skeat
    My design wall is 2 insulated foam boards for a metal barn insulation w/white flannel on it...was a bit short so added just a piece of batting on the end for the extra space when multi-quilting:)

The shelves hold different containers and even some crock bowls for projects to make or collecting for...the blue bucket on the floor is full of quilt tops for me to quilt...:)I'm thinking if it stacks high enough I will get a frame soon enough:) Hope to see more/other sewing rooms! Skeat
    How big is your design wall? Great sewing area!