Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I'm upset...he didn't like it >
  • I'm upset...he didn't like it

• I'm upset...he didn't like it

Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 PM

I haven't read through this whole thread but wanted to add my two cents. I think you have learned a very important lesson, unfortunately the hard way. I learned a long time ago that when I make something for someone, you have to let it go. I mean really let it go. You did what you wanted for your father, it turned out beautiful, and whether he wants it or not, it really is the thought that counts. Now let it go. It is now his to do with what he wants. Some of us that are older and have been quilting or crafting for a number of years have probably had our feelings hurt more than once. When I make something for someone I tell them if they don't like it, get rid of it or give it to someone else. I gave it to them because I wanted them to have it. Now- let it go.
    Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 PM
    Power Poster

I read this when it ws first posted. Your father is downright rude.
    He should at least appriciate that you made him something.
    It reminded me of when my son was three. He went outside and found the most perfect pinecone for my stepfather,gave it to show him that hw loved him, and the b......d said, what the h..l do i want with a pinecone.

Some people are going to say im rude, but...you should shove that quilt where he sun dont shine, as they say, and hope he chokes on it!!!!!!! Shame on your father for belittleing something you put effort into for him. Shame on him for not appriciating the work and effort you put forward to show him your love, gratitude and appriciation for him. As my mom would say...may he
    rot in h..l
    Old 11-21-2012, 07:54 PM

So sorry you were hurt - but i think it is beautiful. Nice job.
    Old 11-21-2012, 08:00 PM

[I] m so sorry that happened to you. I had the same thing happen to me basically. However, my father hated me and said I wasn't his, so I guess I should not have been surprised. Anyway, stupid me, I made him a quillow. He threw it on the floor and it remained there until he died and my sister took it and sold it. We just have to go on and try to forget that it happened. We don't understand what makes them tick, I guess, but not only did it get rejected by my father, but my sister also. Never have seen her since that day.

Originally Posted by taiboo
    I know it's not perfect, but I MADE it for him....I didn't even get a thank you :-( he just folded it and put it aside.
    Old 11-21-2012, 11:54 PM

I wonder if the OP is still on QB. Does anyone know? I feel terrible for the OP, but so many people have said nice things that I'm glad she posted. There are people who simply have no tact and it appears that family members are some of the worst!
    Old 11-22-2012, 02:19 AM
    QM
    Power Poster

I sorrow for you. You did a fine job, but not everyone wants or appreciates quilt work.
    Old 11-22-2012, 02:30 AM

The quilt is wonderful and its his loss. sorry about your hurt. My mother is very gifted at doing the same thing, it hurts alot. With this being your first and the time spent on it. I am sorry.
    Old 11-22-2012, 03:37 AM

I think it looks great!!! Sorry to say this but he sounds like a complete jerk!!!!
    Old 11-22-2012, 04:05 AM

Gosh..I think it is beautiful. I'd find a very small flag and attach it to it and say "here" enjoy.
    Old 11-22-2012, 04:06 AM

I only make things for people who ask me to. We cherish our quilt and sewing projects. BUt this father may connect them with being poor and made out of necessity during his childhood. Just guessing...but his age may the key. Hey, just create for those who request something.
    Sandy