Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • IRR  2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters >
  • IRR 2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters

• IRR 2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters

Old 08-24-2010, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    That is lovely. Kendra's is its way to Canada. Although I had DD help me w/ picture before we took her back to school, it didn't save on my computer. Ugh, too many new things. You know what they say about old dogs and new tricks...

Thank you all again for my top. It is so lovely. Are any of you participating in the next round? I'm not, too many commitments and too many uncertainties right now. Someday, though!
    OMG!!!!!!! I will let you know when it gets here!!!! Now I have to hide it from the girls!!!!! I am so excited to see it!!! And of course I will post a picture!!!!
    Old 08-24-2010, 01:52 PM

Kendra, has your other one arrived yet? I'd love to see that one, too - but can't remember which group it was from. Doing a terrible job keeping up. There's a little something else for them in my package, too. I so miss having little ones.

I'm a train wreck lately! Yesterday was going to the garden to get some basil for the shrimp & zucchini dish I was making for dinner. We've been having a lot of rain lately and evidently our deck must have the start of some moss, although it doesn't show. Crazy slippery. Down I went, one leg off the (no rail, just one step up), left arm into the bushes, and all my weight onto my right knee. Ouch! I'm barley moving today - if it's straight, it's okay, but bending it is not good. Why my right knee?? The weird thing is, it doesnt' even have a bruise. If it was my left, I could stay home but still sew, lol.
    Old 08-24-2010, 05:15 PM
    Power Poster

Oh no P&J! I hate when stuff like that happens! On top of hurting...I have to look up to see who saw me do that! OK..hurts your pride too! Put some ice on it...put it up and read a pile of quilting magazines...Dr. Sandpat's orders...:LOL:
    Old 08-24-2010, 05:55 PM

You know, I did think for a second about whether or not anyone could have seen me. Then I realized that where I was, nobody COULD see me. I had visions of the commercial... "HELP! I've fallen and I can't get up."

Now I just have to be careful, the ice has helped a lot. Hopefully in a couple of days I'll be good as new.
    Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM

Ouch!! Feel better soon P&J!!
    Old 08-25-2010, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    Kendra, has your other one arrived yet? I'd love to see that one, too - but can't remember which group it was from. Doing a terrible job keeping up. There's a little something else for them in my package, too. I so miss having little ones.

I'm a train wreck lately! Yesterday was going to the garden to get some basil for the shrimp & zucchini dish I was making for dinner. We've been having a lot of rain lately and evidently our deck must have the start of some moss, although it doesn't show. Crazy slippery. Down I went, one leg off the (no rail, just one step up), left arm into the bushes, and all my weight onto my right knee. Ouch! I'm barley moving today - if it's straight, it's okay, but bending it is not good. Why my right knee?? The weird thing is, it doesnt' even have a bruise. If it was my left, I could stay home but still sew, lol.
    Oh it is amazing how slippery decks can get!!!! I hope it does not take to long to start feeling better! I bet the bruise will probably come out later! Sometimes they can start out deeper!
    Oh and my other quilt is in group 5. I actually just found out it is in Spain! It is one of the quilts that got stopped by customs and held for a few days! Poor Butterflyspain had to pay to pick them up!!! So it is going to take a little longer because it still needs her round and one more! Oh well not really in too much of a hurry, they are for the girls for Christmas. I promise when I see a picture I will let you know!

Keep that knee stright and iced like Sandpat said!!! I do hope you are feeling better soon!
    Kendra
    Old 08-27-2010, 12:35 PM

Peace you are quick!!! I got your package today!!!!!!!!! I had a quick peek but I will have to wait until the girls are in bed to lay it out and actually look at it!!! But from what I say I owe you all a HUGE thank you!! She is going to love it!!!!
    I promise I will take a picture when I lay it out!!!!
    Old 08-27-2010, 04:10 PM

Ladies,
    I received my beautiful quilt top today and lots of goodies. I just want to let you all know how much I appreciate and LOVE the work you did. I can't wait to finish it up and use it. Thank you all so very much :thumbup:
    Old 08-27-2010, 06:19 PM

Phew, glad the package arrived safely. A couple of times a year we do a lot of international shipping @ work. When a couple of them went missing, we found out that once a pkg leaves the USPS, they basically have no way to track. We therefore use mostly UPS for international. I couldn't figure out a way to do that without the recipient (in this case you, lol) having to pay customs fees. Yayyyy -- now I don't have to worry any more!
    Old 08-27-2010, 06:44 PM

Taa daa!! I think I've got this figured out. Have also put it in the completed IRR tops virtual section.

Not sure why colors aren't showing well, they are really quite bright. Hugs and Kisses in the corners, a pieced heart in the center of each border.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-105946.jpe