Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN" >
  • IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

• IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

Old 11-13-2009, 04:36 PM
    Power Poster

Mousie...this year you can peek for free, but next year you have to play! :wink:
    Old 11-15-2009, 07:22 PM

K I received a beautiful panel I could use as a center. Would you like me to send it to you and you can start which ever center gets to you first? I'm sure that eventually my center will show up, but no telling when. I hate to continue to hold you up. You can always send back the center that reaches you second. Let me know what to do. Gwyn :oops: :cry: :roll: :( :oops:
    Old 11-16-2009, 04:56 AM

He everyone out there, you are all so quiet, whats happened to you all. show me what you have done.

Also this is to bring up this thread in case someone doesn´t know how.

Elle
    Old 11-16-2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    K I received a beautiful panel I could use as a center. Would you like me to send it to you and you can start which ever center gets to you first? I'm sure that eventually my center will show up, but no telling when. I hate to continue to hold you up. You can always send back the center that reaches you second. Let me know what to do. Gwyn :oops: :cry: :roll: :( :oops:
    Let's just wait and see! No sense sending a second one yet. I am jsut getting other things done while I wait! We can give it a few more days and see what happens! Like everyone has said - Canada Post is slow!
    I will let you know when it comes!
    Old 11-16-2009, 10:44 AM

Okay. I'll hold off. Perhaps the great postal angel will hurry things along.

:lol: :lol: :oops: Gwyn
    Old 11-16-2009, 04:06 PM
    Power Poster

Well, my fingers, legs, feet, toes, arms....and yes, even eyes are crossed!
    Old 11-17-2009, 12:37 PM

Hi everyone, I am very sad that I have to say this and this is meant for only one person. A member either of this Group or a member of the Board took it upon themselves to complain to Admin that a lady was, they said "slacking" or not pulling their weight.

Let me enlighten this person who was petty enough to do this. Both Patti and I found ourselves in a quandry when another member had to drop out of this Group leaving a gap. We then invited another person to join us at short notice, however during the course of the next few weeks she very quickly told me that life had got in the way and she was running late. I told her as Point Person for this Group that it was alright, I understood and that it would be no problem and between us a suitable time schedule for her to finish her centre was agreed. The recipient of her Block was also told and it caused no problem with her either.

When quilting takes first place in our lives over that of our family, our livelihood or our health it is indeed a very sad state of affairs.

If anyone has an issue with anything I have said please feel free to PM me, or indeed reply on this thread.

Elle
    Old 11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
    Power Poster

I am appalled that someone on the board is that petty. Life happens all the time with stuff we have no control over. that is the way of it, I almost didn't join as my life has a way of turning upside down at a moments notice and I was afraid that I would in some way let my group down.

I think the person at least should come forward and state their concerns or complaints in public and not hide behind Admin, if you can't say it for all to hear, keep your mouth shut.

It is early yet and the next mailing date has not arrived yet. What is their big concern? It only right now effects the person doing the first border so far. And if it is the center that I am thinking of the canadian mail may have a hand in it being so late right now.

I would also like to know why Admin would need to be notified of an issue with something in the IRR? It is his board but he isn't in charge of the IRR. It is a personal choice to join and or follow it.
    Old 11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
    Power Poster

Elle, I read your message once, and then I had to read it again :shock: I can't believe anyone could be so SMALL AND PETTY!!!
    We each have a life, with family, work, and most of all our health to handle. Life has a way of getting in the way of other things in our lives. I love quilting, but it could never come before any of these things. I am so sorry that you and Patti have to waste time handling some people's egos. I , for one, am here to help out in any way I can. Because I know in the next year, things could happen in any one of our lives where we will need to depend on each other.
    I don't know who this person is, But Shame on them!!!!
    Old 11-17-2009, 01:15 PM

Okay. I don't want this going on any further. As far as I am concerned, the whole situation isn't anyone's fault. I have been late on several things. I don't see as well as I used too and October got away from me. It didn't help that illness and injury visited too.

Tomorrow morning I will be mailing a second center to my circle member. My circle leader and I have discussed this. I am fine with this. Big thanks to Klue who chose to send me a wonderful panel. It will be a lovely quilt. If my original center ever shows up. I'll use it then, or next year.

You ladies are all too special to me to allow negative feelings to generate problems. Whoever complained probably had a good reason to be frustrated with me. I forgive them. Let's settle down and get back to what we do best, being friends and serving each other. Everything is just fine. My house has been saved, my stash is huge and wonderful, my IRR group has decided the best action to take, my church family is helping me with some other issues, my family is strong and healing, the semester is almost over :wink: , and Thanksgiving is next week. Advent starts the last Sunday of November. Hanukkah begins in 25 days and Christmas is only a few days later. I fell apart, but your love, your care, and your understanding has made all the difference.

I wish for each of you a great holiday season, full of all the important things. Gwyn