Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN" >
  • IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

• IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

Old 09-15-2010, 09:32 AM

Kendra Have fun with your family. My oldest son takes his family there every year It sounds like fun.
    Old 09-15-2010, 09:44 AM
    Power Poster

I am working on them.

many sleepless nights trying to figure out what to do, many tears and frustrations,

With that said, I started First Elle's and ran out of fabric, and it was close, just needed another inch or two, so regroup and work on the other one, I couldn't find anything that would work in my stash, couldn't get to town so started on the other one, yet again I get almost done and I run out of fabric. by then I am ready to throw things in a big fit but refrain.

I get to town as soon as I can and go to where I got the fabric, they only have so many of the prints that I used for the first, so substitute whatever I can that is close. and find something to match the other. so come home, and they get washed and dried. then one thing after another has hit, kids, dogs, school, work for a cadet fundraiser, meetings, I did get the fabric pressed in all of it, and then Friday hit, DH went into a crisis, anyone knowing anything of PTSD may understand, It usually can put me out for a week so I am happy to say that I am back at it, though the effects of it are still rippling through the house, unfortunately today I have to get a quilt done so that I can take it to the quilting group that I attend, we quilt for abused kids and it is going up in a draw to raise funds, of course we meet tomorrow,

Right after I get the quilting done I will be cutting and sewing fabric and hope to get them both done, they are both well on their way.
    Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 AM
    Power Poster

So here is what I do have done, and I am thinking that you can guess which top that they go to.

mostly some strip piecing left, the slight differences in fabric should show to much, at least that is my hope at the moment.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]110154[/ATTACH]

I just needed something to strip between them all as they go around.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]110155[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-110149.jpe   attachment-110150.jpe   attachment-110151.jpe  
    Old 09-15-2010, 10:18 AM

Verypretty blocks. I'm sure these will be beautiful!
    Old 09-15-2010, 10:21 AM

Pretty!!!
    Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 AM
    Power Poster

I really hope that they all go together the way that they are supposed to, I do have to figure out the corners for the first yet but that shouldn't be to hard, I have a could ideas, it is a matter if it works,

Here is what I am quilting today, the main issue is that I have never done a quilt like this, I am even struggling with the color I should use. I don't have a picture of the whole top, the top was donated.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-110280.jpe   attachment-110281.jpe  
    Old 09-15-2010, 01:31 PM

I absolutely love what you are doing it looks fabulous, its very intricate. Well done for trying something new, that one is going to be a real treasure.

Elle
    Old 09-15-2010, 03:17 PM
    Power Poster

Cutie...sounds like its been quite the ride for you lately! I love what you have done so far...really great for both of the quilts! Hopefully things work out where you can get them on their way soon.

BTW...the raffle quilt is gorgeous! And where do we buy tickets??? :lol:
    Old 09-22-2010, 12:26 PM
    Power Poster

The tickets will be sold at the show here in Edmonton, I am not even sure what the price they are putting on them, I did get it done, they are happy with it, which I am glad, and relieved,

On to the good news, both are done, they are packaged and heading out at this moment, Elle requested for me to send to her as she has a place she wants to show it, instead of maybe mailing the whole thing back and forth that she send the measurements and if desired the border just get mailed to her and she can put it on, saving the stress of having it in the mail yet again.

Now the bad news, I have misplaced the stuff to go with Elle's center, I thought I had it all together and for what ever reason it wasn't were I thought it was, I am dilegantly looking for it and hope that it comes to light very soon. I can't appoligize enough. I will mail it on as soon as I find it. I have looked all over the sewing room for it. I am in a panic over it,
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-90261.jpe   attachment-90345.jpe  
    Old 09-22-2010, 01:11 PM

Oh wow, its looking so good I love it. Donīt worry about the things in the package I want to get hold of it for the show in October. You can send them to me when you find them, no rush for them

Elle