Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • IRR II Group 6  Pictures >
  • IRR II Group 6 Pictures

• IRR II Group 6 Pictures

Old 03-24-2010, 08:11 AM
    Power Poster

I think that is a great choice April...I'm still just heaving a huge sigh of relief that you didn't whip that up that quickly!

Thanks for the compliments...still wondering about what Bev thinks......Bev??
    Old 03-24-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    I think that is a great choice April...I'm still just heaving a huge sigh of relief that you didn't whip that up that quickly!

Thanks for the compliments...still wondering about what Bev thinks......Bev??
    Thank you Patti
    And if I was that good I would have no UFOs...oh to live in that world lol
    Hugs
    April
    Old 03-24-2010, 10:31 AM

OK guys...here is what happened to Tulip's center. It is soo lovely Bev, I hope you like my addition. I struggled with the math and never could make anything "really" work...DH and & decided that it would be good to give you areas to add some great quilting to bring out the center colors without overpowering that lovely applique that Donna did! I sure hope you like it!

Sazu...are you ready for it?
    I'm not ready to do it yet! But there is a show on in a couple of weeks so will have a good range of fabric to choose from for it.

I was really confused earlier - I got an email from USPS about the tracking number, and couldnt work out what it was related to! I wondered if they were being psychic since I sent the chickens to you yesterday!

For the center I currently have I think I know what I'm doing, just need to get the maths sorted out :-) Thats the plan for this weekend...
    Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 AM
    Power Poster

Well Sazu I sent it out this morning. It has to swim you know...plus, I have soo much in line in my room that I don't want it to get lost.

Donna...did you mark me down for mailing???
    Old 03-24-2010, 10:58 AM

go it!
    Well Sazu I sent it out this morning. It has to swim you know...plus, I have soo much in line in my room that I don't want it to get lost.

Donna...did you mark me down for mailing???
    Old 03-24-2010, 11:23 AM

I just came up with this really great idea that will solve my visual problems and speed up my creativity, I am thinking.
    The bunkhouse, as you may have guessed is limited on space, and since I tend to live on all surfaces of my home (including the walls) the idea of finding a space to hang up three or four quilts (I'm not sure how many I am supposed to have <g>) for inspiration, I finally realized that I could go online to each of the groups, print the pictures of the centers that I have in my possession (or will soon have in my possession), thumbtack the pictures on the wall, and really LIVE with all your beautiful work as I get inspired!
    The added benefit of this is, in my area, we are VERY dusty, so the quilts won't have half the ranch imbedded in their fibers ...
    just thought I would share in case anyone else was experiencing some of my little hurdles <wave>
    Old 03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
    Power Poster

omak, thats a good idea....I tend to import the pics of the centers into my EQ program, then I play with border designs. I then print these and live with them for awhile trying to make decisions. Sometimes though....a pic of just the center really lets you imagine lots of different things!
    Old 03-24-2010, 06:04 PM

Hi eveyone, just saw the new border put on my quilt and it sure makes the center sparkle. The colors are wonderfull. Still working on the border ofTabbys quilt. April, so sorry on the loss of your quilt. Waiting for the new center to get here when you decide which one to send. Hope that your other one will show up.
    Old 03-25-2010, 04:49 AM
    Power Poster

Whew...I'm glad you like it Tulip...now I can't wait to see what is happening to Tabby's!
    Old 03-25-2010, 06:45 AM

I am doing something similar to Tabbys that you done on mine. I guess we are on the same wave length. Everyones centers are looking great. I am not on computer much so tend not to catch up with the rest of group on the replys.