Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Ist time posting pic for help : ) >
  • Ist time posting pic for help : )

• Ist time posting pic for help : )

Old 08-16-2010, 03:36 PM

Oh , I like that...

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
    I think that a narrow border with a flying geese border added would look nice on this quilt.
    Old 08-16-2010, 04:28 PM

It is 36x50 and I would like it to be a twin...

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
    Great work!
    You say you want it "quite a bit bigger". What size is it now? What size do you want it?
    Old 08-16-2010, 04:40 PM

Hi, well I live in the south of China in a city called Zhuhai. About once a month I take a trip with the girls, and we go to Guangzhou which is about a two hour drive, to the biggest fabric market I have ever seen... It is about 3 city blocks, and half of it is 7 story's high. Don't mean to tease anyone but it is soooo addictive it's crazy!!! The fabric is all 60 inches wide and cotton runs anywhere from 1.30 to 2.00 a meter.. CRAZY!!!! You don't get a lot of variety with cotton but sometimes you hit the jackpot and you find some really nice stuff...The more difficult things to get here are the notions, and quilting paraphernalia. It is non-existant...so when I go back home I stock up and lug it all back to China...
    The kitties are not mine.. I have two of my own, but these are so typical China. The photo was taken in an alley way, just outside of a seafood restaurant... they probably get really good left overs there... I would live there too... : )Here are pics of my kitties and the market...Next time I go to the market, I will take serious pics...

Originally Posted by QBeth
    Love your quilt!! Sorry I can't suggest anything better than what others have already suggested. I'm sure it will be beautiful when done.

I notice you live in China??! Not to hijack this thread but I'm curious about the availability of fabric in your area. I know a lot of fabric comes from China. Is it easy for you to find what you want? Variety available? How do prices compare?

Also, are those three kitties in your avatar? Are they with you in China? Did you adopt them there or did they come with you?

Quilting in other countries fascinate me, as do the quilters themselves. This Board is wonderful, isn't it?!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-98114.jpe   attachment-98115.jpe   attachment-98116.jpe  
    Old 08-17-2010, 12:18 AM

Thanks to all for the helpful ideas.. I have decided to go with a small orange border, followed by a piano key with offset squares on each end of the keys... also a pinwheel at each corner...

Nothing like everybody's ideas to get your imagination going.. Love this site!!!! : )))
    Old 12-07-2013, 08:18 PM
    Power Poster

nice quilt...........
    Old 12-09-2013, 07:22 AM

Very pretty quilt. I usually make a piano key border if I have enough fabric left over that I have used in the blocks. It really seems to finish off the quilt and make it bigger.