Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I've had this for years - just peeked inside:) >
  • I've had this for years - just peeked inside:)

• I've had this for years - just peeked inside:)

Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 AM

It's always nice to find something so valuable, that we forgot what we really had! I love using mine, she is very rugged!
    Old 04-13-2011, 04:03 AM

A real beauty. The previous owner must have been a quilter; note the missing letters where she must have banged her head a few times in frustration. :lol: I love how straight those old machines stitch.
    Old 04-13-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by supergma
    A real beauty. The previous owner must have been a quilter; note the missing letters where she must have banged her head a few times in frustration. :lol: I love how straight those old machines stitch.
    And she must have taken the bobbin cover off and thrown it across the room!
    Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 PM

That is a beautiful sewing machine, I would dearly love to have one of those, maybe some day I will be able to find one that I just can't live with out.
    Old 04-15-2011, 03:52 PM

You have a jewel, clean her up and treasure the many hours she'll give you in quilting. Rarely do they don't make machines like this anymore.
    Old 04-15-2011, 03:56 PM

A treasure for sure.
    Old 04-16-2011, 01:45 PM

I also learned to sew on my grandmother's treadle Singer and it was the best machine. No fancy gadgets but it could out sew any of the new fancy ones of today. Wish I still had that little gem of a machine. Love all you lady's and the wonderful history of all your machines.

Sandy 14
    Old 04-16-2011, 01:54 PM

that is cool!!!
    Old 04-16-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Baysidegal
    She is really pretty. Look for her serial number on the bottom left hand side at the base of the medallion. Then go to the following link. You should be able to get the model and date she was born.

http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html
    So after reading the posts I decided to have another peek at mine, had bought this old treadle as an accent to my sewing room. A previous owner had put some varnish on the inside of the lid. they used the wrong product as the lid will stick to the cabinet so I keep paper in between. The machine is actually in good looking condition. It does need a belt. I think I should get this baby going as I am looking for a second machine and I did learn to sew on a treadle. Tried to determine what machine this is on the Singer site but not sure I am reading it correctly.
    Help :?:

Feet etc. not sure what some parts are
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]185221[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-185213.jpe   attachment-185214.jpe   attachment-185215.jpe  
    Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
    Originally Posted by gramma mo
    I just saw Tammy Cosper's pictures of her adorable "Cinderella" machine. I've never seen one like that! I've had an old machine in a cabinet for years that I got at a yard sale to use as a side table. I think I paid about $30 at the time. With all the cute pictures of Featherweights that have been posted, I decided to go in and open it up and see what I actually have in there. I looked at it when I bought it, but since it was a treadle, and missing the belt, I just never thought about it. SO . . . here's what I have had hidden all these years:)
    It is a 66-1 with lotus decals. I have one made in 1908 Prussia and I use it to piece my quilts. it is a wonderful machine and cabinet is in good shape. I would clean the machine and use it. Glenn
    Our local machine repairman will probably get a kick out of working on it! I looked it up, and it is from August 1907 (USA)
    It is a year older than mine
    Wow! Yours is in mint condition! Mine was obviously used a lot! The printing is worn off on the front, probably from taking it in and out of the cabinet so often.
    I could be where they had a padded fabric surrounding the machine there used as a pincushion. Many sewers back them but pinchusions on the machine. I have seen a lot of them. You will like the machine it sews a beautiful even straight seem. This model was one of the most popular of singers and was made until sometime in the 50's I think 1956(?) The only draw back is the back clamp feet attachments and if your lucky you will have some of these attachments. The attachments are very hard to find. Most of the piecing is done with the regular foot on the machilne. Glenn
    Take a look at the picture on page 6 of this topic - maybe you know something about her machine:)