Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Just finished D9P top >
  • Just finished D9P top

• Just finished D9P top

Old 01-05-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911
    Originally Posted by mypatookis
    Gorgeous quilt top!! I love it! I am so interested in your borders and how you put them on. My sister and I are going to do a D9patch when I visit her in april. We have been looking at a lot of pictures. Yours is stunning! As lovely as the body of it is, I think your border pulls it all together and really makes the quilt. Can you tell me, how many fabrics you used in this border? Are they panels? Did the fabrics come with the thin green pattern? As you can see, I am fascinated. Nice work! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    The beauty of the border was the fabric. I used a lilac fabric for a narrow border around the quilt. The rest of the border is all one piece. I fussycut the fabric to get the full benefit of the rows. I got a lot of bang of the border fabric. My DSIL made such a wise choice in these fabrics. Thank you all for such wonderful compliments. I almost feel guilty getting all these complements since the whole thing took almost no time at all to put together. Thanks again.
    Well, you could have fooled me. And it's not how long it takes to make it, or how difficult it is, it's the vision and ability to put it together to have it come out as beautiful as yours. I must admit, this one really catches my eye. I can only hope mine comes out half as nice as yours. Now... if I can only find the right fabrics... :shock: it's the most fun for me, but other than the cutting, the most difficult. You have given me something to strive for though! Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:
    Old 01-05-2011, 02:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tweety2911
    Gorgeous quilt top!! I love it! I am so interested in your borders and how you put them on. My sister and I are going to do a D9patch when I visit her in april. We have been looking at a lot of pictures. Yours is stunning! As lovely as the body of it is, I think your border pulls it all together and really makes the quilt. Can you tell me, how many fabrics you used in this border? Are they panels? Did the fabrics come with the thin green pattern? As you can see, I am fascinated. Nice work! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    The beauty of the border was the fabric. I used a lilac fabric for a narrow border around the quilt. The rest of the border is all one piece. I fussycut the fabric to get the full benefit of the rows. I got a lot of bang of the border fabric. My DSIL made such a wise choice in these fabrics. Thank you all for such wonderful compliments. I almost feel guilty getting all these complements since the whole thing took almost no time at all to put together. Thanks again.
    Well, you could have fooled me. And it's not how long it takes to make it, or how difficult it is, it's the vision and ability to put it together to have it come out as beautiful as yours. I must admit, this one really catches my eye. I can only hope mine comes out half as nice as yours. Now... if I can only find the right fabrics... :shock: it's the most fun for me, but other than the cutting, the most difficult. You have given me something to strive for though! Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:
    I look forward to seeing your quilt when you make it :-)
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:05 PM

Lovely, but then I'm a purple freak. I think if it were mine, I'd use the hydrangea fabric or the other print for a backing, but then that's just me. Hydrangeas are one of my favorites.
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:16 PM

Really beautiful!
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:31 PM

Beautiful quilt. I love purple and hydrangeas. It is such a stunning quilt show pictures once it is quilted.
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:44 PM

She made an excellent choice in fabrics, and I liked your pattern. It really looks nice.
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:55 PM

This is truly gorgeous!
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:57 PM

Love it.
    Old 01-05-2011, 05:20 PM

really pretty fabrics :)
    Old 01-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Love the colors