Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Just finished this set of gifts >
  • Just finished this set of gifts

• Just finished this set of gifts

Old 05-03-2009, 04:12 AM

I made these for my friend that does my prep work for my quilting

you have friends that do your prep work? They cut the pieces out? wow..that's nice. These are great! good job.
    Old 05-03-2009, 05:03 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mynani
    Rhonda, I have downloaded your e book. Now, my question is about the templates. Do I cut out a triangle the size of the finished block? or a quarter of the size? In other words how do we know what size the template should be? The template is a piece of acrylic right?
    Mynani
    I use a 1 1/2" acrylic template for the stuff you see here. You can use any size template you want depending on what you want to make. When you cut out a square the triangles show up inside the square. You don't cut any triangles. Use a square template.

On page 25 you will see the size templates to use for making a 12 1/2" or 10 1/2" quilt block.
    IF you want I offer the first 1 1/2" template free. Just send me your postal address if you 'd like one.

Otherwise you can order whatever size you need on my
    BitsnPieces site

http://www.bitsnpiecesworkshop.com a free teaching site
    Old 05-03-2009, 05:06 AM
    Banned

oooooooooooooo very pretty
    Old 05-03-2009, 05:13 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Catherine
    I made these for my friend that does my prep work for my quilting

you have friends that do your prep work? They cut the pieces out? wow..that's nice. These are great! good job.
    Yeah my friend Dorothy is great! She makes the Boston Blocks and all the other Blocks we use. Then I get to sit down and play! She saves me a lot of time. She makes up hundreds at a time and I have 55 organizers she keeps filled for me.
    Her granddaghter commented one time it looked like there were over a 1000 blocks and when she gave them to me I counted them just out of curiosity and there were over 3000 blocks!
    She used to work in a factory and has an assembly state of mind so she cuts all the swatches -30 of each fabric and 10 differant darks and 10 differant lights and then sews them all together and then irons all and then cuts all of them. Then she sets aside the leftovers and sets them up to cut out 1 1/4" blocks and then cuts out 1" from the leftovers. We don't waste much.

She is a widow and has a lot of time on her hands. She gets up in the middle of the night and sews alot.
    She does my crossstitch bookmarks also. She does the crossstitching and then I add borders and backing and turn it into a bookmark. She is very accurate and I really appreciate her attention to detail.

Her daughter - in-law is starting to cut my templates for me. It is becoming a family affair! I sell to a local store so this is a big help to me!!