Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Leader/enders >
  • Leader/enders

• Leader/enders

Old 07-08-2024, 05:38 AM

WMUTeach, I was pleased to see your reply,think i may be addicted. I spent a couple of days cutting rectangles, and now I "have to" make 1 or 2 blocks each day. I have controlled the scrappy by putting the same fabric top and bottom of the 2 centre ones. I have drawn a layout for d/l/d and l/d/l rounds of the 2s and 3s, and to stop me getting it mixed up from layout to machine I pin paper tags on left, right, top and bottom of each round. This probably sounds confusing, but PC block makers will get it. I'm going to make a 5 x 5 setting, will decide on borders later. No stress sewing for me! An added note:
    I noticed thst rectangles cut on the widthwise grain tend to stretch a little, however have now cut more on the lengthwise grain. They fit together better.

Last edited by stasher; 07-08-2024 at 05:45 AM.
    Old 07-08-2024, 07:48 AM

I just printed the pattern today so yes, I plan on doing it. I just HAVE to start using my scraps up!
    Old 07-09-2024, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Anyone else doing Bonnie’s leader/ender this year? i enlarged mine to 12” rather than the 6” block
    Thanks for suggesting the 12" block. Since I've been working on Dear Jane, I am tired of making smaller blocks and will give the 12" size a whirl. I figure if I make a block or two a week, I'll have a pretty good sized quilt within the year. I do like Bonnie's blue/green colorway and may start there.