Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Leader/enders >
  • Leader/enders

• Leader/enders

Old 07-06-2024, 05:34 PM

Default Leader/enders

Anyone else doing Bonnie’s leader/ender this year? i enlarged mine to 12” rather than the 6” block
    Attached Thumbnails img_2615.jpeg  
    Old 07-06-2024, 06:29 PM

I’m in again this year. I like your larger size but I have plenty of 1 1/2” strips so will be doing the smaller blocks.
    Old 07-07-2024, 02:29 AM

I did take a look at the pattern and downloaded the PDF. I have too many started quilts to finish at this time. I know this is a leader/ender, but it does require that I stop what I am doing to hunt for fabric and cut little bits of this and that to create pieces to be leaders/enders. I might be more inclined to convert the project into the 12" size, But then, I just don't have a lot of scraps to use because I have been using them to make other scrap quilts. Yeah for me! Sounds like I may be talking myself out of it altogether. Scrap on my friends with your leaders/enders.
    Old 07-07-2024, 04:12 AM

Just musing here. I'm wondering should leaders and enders have leaders and enders? for the same reason that L & E are used.
    Old 07-07-2024, 08:06 AM

Stasher, you made me smile. Except for the very first pieces you sew together, the leaders and enders for your leaders and enders are whatever other blocks you are working on. I have never managed to use leaders and enders. I chain piece and just start sewing the next step as my leader/ender.
    Old 07-07-2024, 08:32 AM

Looks great. Nice work!
    Old 07-07-2024, 10:14 AM

I'm in again as soon as I finish last year's leader / ender project Oopsie Daisies.
    Old 07-07-2024, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sync
    I'm in again as soon as I finish last year's leader / ender project Oopsie Daisies.
    I didn’t do last year’s pattern, look forward to seeing yours.
    Old 07-08-2024, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by GingerK
    Stasher, you made me smile. Except for the very first pieces you sew together, the leaders and enders for your leaders and enders are whatever other blocks you are working on. I have never managed to use leaders and enders. I chain piece and just start sewing the next step as my leader/ender.
    Thanks GingerK, I don't put the L&E between blocks I am making, can't be that organised! I use little scraps as L&E, because then the birds' nests are on them and if the machine swallows them (and it happens), no harm done to the "real block". Once the scraps are sewn over a LOT, I chuck them. I could have been a Canadian if the letter of acceptance for my family to migrate hadn't come from Australia first. Am making Potato Chips blocks (V3 from Brenda), and yes they are addictive, and fun, is anyone else doing them?
    Old 07-08-2024, 04:53 AM

I am in on the potato chip blocks. Fun and mindlessly easy. Last winter I made one block a day and in no time at all I had enough for a quilt. One of my friends made the "family sized" potato chip quilt. Not a fan but it could be the fabric choice rather than the pattern itself. It sure did eat up fabric quickly. The Potato Chip quilts make good donation quilts and I feel confident that with a moderate amount of quilting they will be sturdy enough to handle lots of washing and drying.