Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Left over scraps .... >
  • Left over scraps ....

• Left over scraps ....

Old 03-24-2011, 11:01 PM

I made this small quilt using left over pieces from HSQ's that had been collecting for weeks now and decided to do something with them. The sashing was used from an old sheet that I cut into strips (recycle -reuse theory) and it measures at 32"x32".

The quilting is Free motion quilting on the 301A and quilt technique used was the "Back to Front" technique because I liked the Sunflower print used for the backside of the quilt.
    I know the photos are blurry, but it sucks when I have a cheap camera.....maybe for Mother's Day I'll get a nice camera this year (wishful thinking....LOL...) anyway, here goes with the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-174546.jpe   attachment-174547.jpe   attachment-174548.jpe   attachment-174549.jpe   attachment-174550.jpe  

Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 PM

Do you have a pattern for free motion . like do you mark it with a marker and just follow it with the machine? You did an awesome job. Yea keep wishful thinking and you just might get the camera! :) leave lots of hints.
    Old 03-24-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp
    Do you have a pattern for free motion . like do you mark it with a marker and just follow it with the machine? You did an awesome job. Yea keep wishful thinking and you just might get the camera! :) leave lots of hints.
    It depends on how I will plan the finished quilt.
    If it's free motion, I do the usual "squiggles" technique, but if I pick out a large print for my backside quilt, I fool around emphasizing the print backing....(for example a large flowery print and just playing around with that dimension) for a dramatic look.

I like to experiment (quite a bit too.....LOL) and for hand quilting (which used to be a "passion" at one time, but it's quicker with the machine) I used to mark my quilts with that hard little plastic thing that sells at Joann's (forgot what it's called) and that leaves no residue ink or unsightly markings.
    Old 03-25-2011, 12:06 AM

Very nice.
    Old 03-25-2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by cctx.
    Originally Posted by owlvamp
    It depends on how I will plan the finished quilt.
    If it's free motion, I do the usual "squiggles" technique, but if I pick out a large print for my backside quilt, I fool around emphasizing the print backing....(for example a large flowery print and just playing around with that dimension) for a dramatic look.
    I like to experiment (quite a bit too.....LOL) and for hand quilting (which used to be a "passion" at one time, but it's quicker with the machine) I used to mark my quilts with that hard little plastic thing that sells at Joann's (forgot what it's called) and that leaves no residue ink or unsightly markings.

This helps a lot. I just love the quilts everyone does. And always wondered how they did it. I have learned so much on here just watching everyone post and showing there quilts. Plus by asking a few questions. Thank you
    Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 AM

You're welcome!
    Old 03-25-2011, 04:19 AM
    Power Poster

very good use of those hst's. good job. keeping my fingers crossed for you on the new camera.
    Old 03-25-2011, 04:31 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Nice job!! Looks great.
    Old 03-25-2011, 05:09 AM

Beautiful !! ;-)