Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • LET'S TWIST uses Charm and Layer packs - pics >
  • LET'S TWIST uses Charm and Layer packs - pics

• LET'S TWIST uses Charm and Layer packs - pics

Old 07-30-2010, 11:16 AM

Looks nice and a simple quilt to make.
    Old 07-30-2010, 11:40 AM

WOW!! :thumbup: Those are just to cute for words!! :D I love the pattern & all of the nice color's you have put together. Thank you for sharing the site with all of us!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 07-30-2010, 11:51 AM

You know something funny...Sweet Home Quilt Co. is my local quilt shop! They are so kind and helpful to me! Cute quilts by the way!!!
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:08 PM

Love 'em!! :thumbup:
    Old 07-30-2010, 12:57 PM

Grammy Dwynn - I like your projects and great mitered corners!!

This looks similar to a free pattern I got at a quilt show called 'Magic Pinwheels'. It uses 5" charms with a 3" border. The template is a 3-1/2 inch square with markings and then turned to cut at the intersections. (I did splurge on a ruler when Joanns had them 50% off).
    Draw a 3-1/2" square. At the upper right corner, measure to the left 1", mark with a dot. Upper left corner, measure down 3/4" and mark with a dot, lower left, measure to the right 3/4" and from the lower right corner measure up 3/4". Connect the two side 3/4" dots with a line, then connect the upper 1" with the lower 3/4".
    Near the 1" line, mark 'UP'
    Place the template over the first intersection of border/charm turning the template to the left just a bit so the intersecting lines are at the seams. Cut around the template. Move the template over to the next intersection and cut again. The important thing is to keep the template in the same position.
    I can take some pics of what I have going tomorrow if anyone is interested. The scraps can be used in an additional border, or for other projects.
    I drew 5" squares on plain paper and tested out a few squares before I used fabric just to be sure.
    Old 07-30-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by greencat
    Grammy Dwynn - I like your projects and great mitered corners!!

This looks similar to a free pattern I got at a quilt show called 'Magic Pinwheels'. It uses 5" charms with a 3" border. The template is a 3-1/2 inch square with markings and then turned to cut at the intersections. (I did splurge on a ruler when Joanns had them 50% off).
    Draw a 3-1/2" square. At the upper right corner, measure to the left 1", mark with a dot. Upper left corner, measure down 3/4" and mark with a dot, lower left, measure to the right 3/4" and from the lower right corner measure up 3/4". Connect the two side 3/4" dots with a line, then connect the upper 1" with the lower 3/4".
    Near the 1" line, mark 'UP'
    Place the template over the first intersection of border/charm turning the template to the left just a bit so the intersecting lines are at the seams. Cut around the template. Move the template over to the next intersection and cut again. The important thing is to keep the template in the same position.
    I can take some pics of what I have going tomorrow if anyone is interested. The scraps can be used in an additional border, or for other projects.
    I drew 5" squares on plain paper and tested out a few squares before I used fabric just to be sure.
    I would be interested in seeing pics!!! In sounds very interesting!!!!!
    Old 07-30-2010, 05:09 PM

greencat ~ yes, it does sound like the same process.... cutting on a angle using the intersections as the center. But, in using the plexiglass (Lil Twister and/or Twister) ruler(s), I did not have to measure or draw lines. Just cut :)

Yes, Please share your pictures
    Old 07-30-2010, 07:41 PM

I love both of those, great colors, I would like to get that ruler and try this. Thanks for sharing.
    Old 07-30-2010, 07:53 PM

I made a quilt with the layer cake......in about 5 hours w/ boarders. This is such a fun tool for such quick quilts. I have charms and 2 more layers ready to go for more quilts. It's very worth it. One of the best things
    Old 07-31-2010, 07:10 AM
    Power Poster

Those are such cool quilts. Now I need another ruler. I can't wait to try that pattern. Thanks for sharing.