Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • More from the Ladies in Spain >
  • More from the Ladies in Spain

• More from the Ladies in Spain

Old 05-19-2009, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
    Elle - thanks for the pics. I love the cube and the houses on the hill. The batik is beautiful!

The string in a bottle - I do that with my gardening string only I use a margarine tub with a hole cut in the lid - the bottle might work better though! Stops it tangling a treat, and stops it getting soggy when I leave it out in the rain, which is OFTEN!

K x
    Well glad I helped out with the gardening as well :D The little cubes were great and I played with them for quite a while they went every way, great for a baby. (well I must be I played for ages) :D
    Old 05-19-2009, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
    Nice pics and I just love the rubics cube that is so neat. The hand embriodery work is wonderful too. Everyone in your group is just so talented.
    I have told the Group how everyone loves their work, we all went out today for lunch as one of our members who lost her husband a few weeks ago has decided to go back to England to live, so it was a farewell lunch.

Elle
    Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Please tell all the women there how much we enjoyed the quilts. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.
    Old 05-19-2009, 11:06 AM
    Izy

Originally Posted by pennyswings
    Please tell all the women there how much we enjoyed the quilts. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.
    Penny, here's a link to our groups website, have a look around, it needs updating as the lady who takes care is back in the UK for a while, but there is lots to see :wink:

http://www.perianastitchers.net

Have a look at our show pictures, there are some lovely things to see too :D

Old 05-19-2009, 11:26 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by Izy
    Penny, here's a link to our groups website, have a look around, it needs updating as the lady who takes care is back in the UK for a while, but there is lots to see :wink:

http://www.perianastitchers.net

Have a look at our show pictures, there are some lovely things to see too :D
    Thanks Izy for the site. I did some looking around and wow these women do some beautiful work!! I miss going to sew and sews they have nothing like that here. I am thinking of going back to my stained glass class just to do some socializing. But I would love to go sew with some women.
    We are working on building a new house now and maybe when we get done I will start my own workshop and get a bunch of the women here together. Teach them all how to quilt. They do some great crewel work here, really different, very dimensional using raw wool, ribbon etc. We could all teach each other. I will have the room to do that when the house is finished.
    Old 05-19-2009, 11:30 AM

[quote=pennyswings]
    Originally Posted by Izy
    ]
    Thanks Izy for the site. I did some looking around and wow these women do some beautiful work!! I miss going to sew and sews they have nothing like that here. I am thinking of going back to my stained glass class just to do some socializing. But I would love to go sew with some women.
    We are working on building a new house now and maybe when we get done I will start my own workshop and get a bunch of the women here together. Teach them all how to quilt. They do some great crewel work here, really different, very dimensional using raw wool, ribbon etc. We could all teach each other. I will have the room to do that when the house is finished.
    Thanks for the nice comments and I do give the ladies feed back and the are very pleased to hear what you all say.

Your plan to open a workshop sounds like a plan, good luck with that. Every country seems to have something special they do, I look forward to seeing some of the pictures of the work they do in Argentina.

Elle
    Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 AM
    Izy

Well you have your hands busy if you are in the middle of a build, it's all consuming isn't it!! Maybe you could incorporate plans for a nice big sewing/craft room into your plans, if you haven't already that is!! :lol:

I would love to see pictures of the locals crafting, it fascinates me seeing all the different hobbies, if you could get some pictures I bet everyone would enjoy looking :D