Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Mother Load of all fabric mother loads! >
  • Mother Load of all fabric mother loads!

• Mother Load of all fabric mother loads!

Old 01-11-2010, 04:50 PM
    Power Poster

Rach....you can't leave us like this....we are wanting to see!!!! Come on, post a pic of your haul! You know you want to brag about it and we all want to drool over it! :wink:
    Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM

Cande if you find anything up around the twin cities would you let me know, I am in Rapid City, SD. I don't mind driving 6-10 hrs for fabric...thanks, Jackie
    Old 01-12-2010, 06:08 AM

FABRIC HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
    Old 01-18-2010, 08:55 PM

My name is Annette and i'm teaching kids from the inner city how to quilt, this group meet once a month at my church, i'm trying to help keep kids off the street their age range is from 10-18 years of age, some are on welfare and most of them have little directions in life the group is the east side youth guild, i'm asking if you could please help me with donations of fabric if i pay the postage, or tell me who i could contact that would help me in this effort.my e-mail is [email protected], i do have the church I.D number, will you please write me back thank you very much. lol Annette
    Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 PM

Does anyone know if there is a group like this in MI? I can't believe all this fabric is about to be thrown away.
    Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by annette
    My name is Annette and i'm teaching kids from the inner city how to quilt, this group meet once a month at my church, i'm trying to help keep kids off the street their age range is from 10-18 years of age, some are on welfare and most of them have little directions in life the group is the east side youth guild, i'm asking if you could please help me with donations of fabric if i pay the postage, or tell me who i could contact that would help me in this effort.my e-mail is [email protected], i do have the church I.D number, will you please write me back thank you very much. lol Annette
    Most of it is heavy upolstery weight fabric. You can't really quilt it but you can sew it. Would you be interest in that stuff? If so, there's a ton, and I'm sure if you cover postage, we can get it to you.
    Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 PM

Really looking for quilt weight material but thanks for the offer. When I run out of fleece I use all kinds of small & larger pieces of fabric to make "furbaby" beds for the shelter. I would love to be able to send a little 'quilt' with the kitty when it goes to its new forever home so it has something familiar that smells like it. We could send home the item that is in the cage but we would be going thru them faster than I have been able to replace them. I'll keep my eye open for stuff I can use. Thanks again.
    Wendy
    Old 01-19-2010, 08:54 AM

Hi, this is Jackie Adams, I live in Rapid City, SD. I would be glad to send fabric to your group. I will try to get some together and will have to wait till payday but will send it on to you. Are you interested in polyester, cottons that is what i have on hand i will pass this around and see if there are others who would like to donate also. I volunteered in an innner city church years ago before my husband went to seminary and it was so rewarding. Our kids were like ages 2 to 12 and it was such fun, they loved even picking out a simple song to teach them on the piano. They called our own son "your little white boy". My husband has just retired from the ministry due to health and now his health is getting better so we are kind of looking where God will have us doing something next. In Christ Command, Jackie Adams
    Old 01-19-2010, 09:54 AM

Jackie, thank you SO much. I need something that will hold up to many washings since they are kitties and some of them mess up - alot, to cottons hold up well. I don't make them very big, 12" x 18", is the norm. I even piece smaller pieces of batting to save some money. I can deduct anything I have to buy from taxes but this is a totally volunteer gig. Last fall, my 4 bottle babies ate close to $180 in just formula! They were little piggies! Good thing it was a little at a time. I would be thrilled to take any donations I can get. I am so happy when the kitties go to their forever homes but know it is so stressful going to all the new smells. Their own little blanket that has been in the cage is something they can call "theirs". I'll be happy to PM you with my address. I pray God will lead you to just the right place He has for you. My great-aunt lived in Spearfish, SD so we would visit and parents would ride their motorcycle all over the Black Hills. We attended the Passion Play there when I was MUCH younger and it is a precious memory to this day. Thank you again and bless you for helping my 'furbabies'.
    Wendy
    Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 AM

sighhhhhhs, just t'ain't right, no not at all, I want something like that here in SW FL, too bad all of y'all who go there can't bring stuff back and hook a sister/s up.....says a fellow fabric "collector", huge grinz

I got a rush or um perhaps I drooled over just getting the pleasure of seeing what ya got there, High Five!