Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My 2 Firsts >
  • My 2 Firsts

• My 2 Firsts

Old 08-18-2010, 09:18 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by MarjaMT
    I really like the photo's of your block on your machine......You should enter that in a contest.
    me too! that's a great shot! great block too :XD:
    Old 08-18-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by tonsau7
    Great job Doug!! Very beautiful and I also like the 2nd picture.
    Thanks, it's growing on me. I didn't think the pic was that great, but I guess I'd better listen to the critics, LOL!
    Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM

Rhonda:
    I've already considered using tape, but I've heard horror stories of putting tape on the featherweights. I know painters tape (the lblue) isn't supposed to damage anything, but I'm still a bit apprehensive. Don't want to peel off any of the finish. I think with a little bit of practice I will get it right. After all, that's what they say, practice, practice, practice. And, believe me when I say: I need all the practice I can get!!!, LOL
    Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 AM

They are very pretty! Are you going to use them together? :-D
    Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    Rhonda:
    I've already considered using tape, but I've heard horror stories of putting tape on the featherweights. I know painters tape (the lblue) isn't supposed to damage anything, but I'm still a bit apprehensive. Don't want to peel off any of the finish. I think with a little bit of practice I will get it right. After all, that's what they say, practice, practice, practice. And, believe me when I say: I need all the practice I can get!!!, LOL
    I now it is a bit of waste of thread but you can practice on paper just like sewing on fabric. I use paper instead of fabric when I want to figure something out. I watch the distance from the rt side of my foot to the edge of the fabric. It is like driving. You know how far you are from the center line so you also get the feel for how far you are from the edge of the fabric to your foot.
    Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
    They are very pretty! Are you going to use them together? :-D
    Possibly, I really don't know yet. They are just practice blocks for now. No intended project for them to go into.
    Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 AM

Rhonda:
    I uses those really thin cheap magnets that you get for free from business in the mail. I had to order one of those heavy duty ones for DD for her machine. I got it at sewingpartsonline.com. I works really well for DD. I too was afraid to use tape on my Feather Weight.
    Old 08-18-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Rhonda:
    I now it is a bit of waste of thread but you can practice on paper just like sewing on fabric. I use paper instead of fabric when I want to figure something out. I watch the distance from the rt side of my foot to the edge of the fabric. It is like driving. You know how far you are from the center line so you also get the feel for how far you are from the edge of the fabric to your foot.
    LOL!! Too funny Rhonda. I don't drive!! I am legally blind and I have a seeing eye dog and I don't drive. I do know what you are talking about tho. I did used to drive, but it's been many years ago. Great analagy tho. Don't worry, not offended, I thought it was kinda funny. I never thought of practicing on paper, but as for judging the distance I knew it would just take some practice and figure out just how much space I needed from the foot to the right side of the fabric to get my perfect 1/4". It will come with some practice. I had to do the same thing with my other machine that I don't have a 1/4" foot for.
    Old 08-18-2010, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by KatFish
    I use those really thin cheap magnets that you get for free from business in the mail. I had to order one of those heavy duty ones for DD for her machine. I got it at sewingpartsonline.com. I works really well for DD. I too was afraid to use tape on my Feather Weight.
    What a great idea!!! I never thought of this. I only have a ton of them on my refrigerator. I'm getting one right now and putting it on there to give it a try. Thanks! Just one more great idea I've learned on this board.
    Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM

nice work and wow what a pic with the fw