Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • my BERNINA 153 that my friend send me and what i been making with it >
  • my BERNINA 153 that my friend send me and what i been making with it

• my BERNINA 153 that my friend send me and what i been making with it

Old 05-05-2010, 04:57 AM

What a nice friend and your project looks great. My Bernina is over 20 years old and I still love it! Great machines.
    Old 05-05-2010, 04:59 AM

nice machine, and beautiful work
    Old 05-05-2010, 06:30 AM

thank 's everyone got more too do
    Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 AM

Beautiful machine....as their motto says "Nothing sews like a Bernina..nothing" I love them.

Margie
    Old 05-05-2010, 06:56 AM
    Power Poster

What a dear friend to send you such a nice machine! You sure are going to put it to good use seeing all your lovely scrap blocks you have already sewn.
    Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 AM
    Power Poster

Wow what a good friend! This is the machine I have. I have had it for about 8 or 9 years now. I love it! I recommend finding a dealer in your area to take lessons so you can take full advantage of all the machine is capable of doing. There is a very basic block alphabet in it that you can program to spell out whatever you like. I am assuming your friend gave you all the feet that go with it. The walking foot alone costs almost $200!! Most of the other regular type feet run around $30 each. I recently purchased the open toe embroidery foot for FMQ which gives me better visibility then the FMQ foot that came with the machine which has a clear plastic circular type foot. Use ONLY bernina bobbins in this machine. Any other bobbin can cause damage to the hook, same for needles. Use ONLY Schmidt needles. Singer needles will fit but will also damage the hook. This model has been discontinued for some time but I don't foresee myself ever upgrading to another machine unless I hit the lotto because the 440 models sure are nice (with a very nice price tag to go with them). Brand new the 153QE was over $1000. I do not think the BSR (Bernina stitch regulator) will work with this model so for FMQ you have to practice to get your stitches consistent. I recently purchased the open toe embroidery foot to do FMQ and I like it much better. It is a #37 I think.
    Old 05-05-2010, 10:37 AM

Need to pick your brains!!! I was just given a PFAFF 150 and it needs a foot and belt. Anyone know where I can find one?
    Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 PM

thank you it nice to have a good friend i will be using it alots i like the ideal that i don;t have to figure out the stitches out my cheap sewing machine i had to sat and figure the stitch line on it before i sew when you change the bobbin all the time
    Old 05-05-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Wow what a good friend! This is the machine I have. I have had it for about 8 or 9 years now. I love it! I recommend finding a dealer in your area to take lessons so you can take full advantage of all the machine is capable of doing. There is a very basic block alphabet in it that you can program to spell out whatever you like. I am assuming your friend gave you all the feet that go with it. The walking foot alone costs almost $200!! Most of the other regular type feet run around $30 each. I recently purchased the open toe embroidery foot for FMQ which gives me better visibility then the FMQ foot that came with the machine which has a clear plastic circular type foot. Use ONLY bernina bobbins in this machine. Any other bobbin can cause damage to the hook, same for needles. Use ONLY Schmidt needles. Singer needles will fit but will also damage the hook. This model has been discontinued for some time but I don't foresee myself ever upgrading to another machine unless I hit the lotto because the 440 models sure are nice (with a very nice price tag to go with them). Brand new the 153QE was over $1000. I do not think the BSR (Bernina stitch regulator) will work with this model so for FMQ you have to practice to get your stitches consistent. I recently purchased the open toe embroidery foot to do FMQ and I like it much better. It is a #37 I think.
    what is the hook and she send me dozens of bobbins all the foots and needles and i got number 37 foot in mine but she has a number 57 that i like
    Old 05-06-2010, 12:42 AM

how can you tell if you damage the hook i did not know about the needle