Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Dear Jane Fabric Collection >
  • My Dear Jane Fabric Collection

• My Dear Jane Fabric Collection

Old 08-04-2009, 06:05 AM

KLue- I think Colletta's got her plate full. I started a swap and she never mentioned that she manages them. I think she does the doll quilt swaps, but if I'm not mistaken, you're free to lead whatever swap you want. Do I have that backwards? If so, my bad!!!
    Old 08-04-2009, 07:55 AM

If we do a Christmas DJ swap, and it's for tablerunners, shd we think about colors now to give Klue (he he he) a head start? eg I have a bunch of burgundies from my Angel that I'm thinking of using, but others might prefer pure red. And there are all sorts of green shades. Shd we consider ALL the different reds, greens, creams, whites, golds, silvers ??? of Christmas???
    Old 08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by JoanneS
    If we do a Christmas DJ swap, and it's for tablerunners, shd we think about colors now to give Klue (he he he) a head start? eg I have a bunch of burgundies from my Angel that I'm thinking of using, but others might prefer pure red. And there are all sorts of green shades. Shd we consider ALL the different reds, greens, creams, whites, golds, silvers ??? of Christmas???
    i think that would be ok - reds are very hard to match so we'd do better to make it a scrappy swap in christmas colors - either solid or patterns.

what do you guys think about an 18 block commitment since the blocks are only 4.5 inches.

then if you do 1 set of 18 you'll have a smaller type runner or if you do 2 sets of 18 you'll have a medium size runner - once you add some sashing/borders.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 AM

That sounds pretty easy. If you compare it to the black and white blocks - it took nine 4 1/2" squares to make each block, so making 18 DJ squares would be like making 2 regular swap blocks! Not a HUGE commitment of time.
    Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
    That sounds pretty easy. If you compare it to the black and white blocks - it took nine 4 1/2" squares to make each block, so making 18 DJ squares would be like making 2 regular swap blocks! Not a HUGE commitment of time.
    Hmm yup but some of those DJ blocks have got 40+ pieces in them! :shock: Or will we just pick the simpler ones? :D
    Old 08-04-2009, 10:30 AM

Let's pick simple for this!! We'll have enough of the tough stuff next year. This will be a "get your feet wet" time!!
    Old 08-04-2009, 10:33 AM
    Banned

you can pick which ever block you like but i think beginner or intermediate levels blocks would be what most people would pick.

what about a delivery date of 10/31 and i'll have them out in the mail by 11/15. this way people can have a table runner ready by christmas.

once we hammer out a date - i'll put up a thread and we'll see how many people we get.

we need at least 18 sets to make this work. so if we only get 9 people that are willing to do 2 sets we'd be fine.
    Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 AM
    Banned

when i put up the thread swap post i can give a list of all the blocks that are beginner or intermediate. its well over 100 blocks to choose from.
    Old 08-04-2009, 11:00 AM

I think I better get started!! Do you think scrappy xmas will be the fabric? I think we should choose white or off white too--that'll make a difference, don't you think?
    Old 08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
    Banned

yes, scrappy christmas with off white/cream or what i know as winter white - just not a true bright white.