Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Experimental Bargello!  by Danmar >
  • My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

• My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

Old 03-29-2010, 07:59 AM

Good morning!!! (Yes. I did sleep LATE today. Hubby rolled down the black out shades and I thought it was still night!)
    Marilyn, I LOVE your progress! I did keep imagining the cats looking at their "new playground" and scampering through it. It gave me a laugh...probably because I wouldn't have to fix it!
    Have you seen today's new Quilted Paradise letter? It's about piecing a Lone Star quilt and let me quote....."Take the third strip and sew it in the OPPOSITE direction of the first stitching...Continue adding strips by REVERSING the sewing direction as each strip is added...This method helps in keeping the strip sets even so they don't curve or twist." Where was this when I was doing MY bargello??? Although I would probably have skipped over it not realizing the importance! One very good thing though. Before I retired I had to do everything perfectly but now?? Hey.....just doing it and having fun is my purpose. I love the way you will sew the pieces together, another way of easing the process. Keep on posting. It is inspiring. I'm off to my daughter, son-in-law, and two of my precious grandchildren now so I'll be looking forward to catching up this evening. Happy stitching. Phyllis
    Old 03-29-2010, 12:32 PM

My quilt guild purchased "The Bargello Quilt Book" by
    Piecemakers. On the last page, they have a "mini" bargello. I have bought my material and thought I would try this first before I attempt a larger one.
    Your colors are great.
    Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 PM

Hi everybody! I'm sorry but my sewing machine has something wrong with it. It won't sew! My DH is looking at it to see if he can figure out what is wrong with it. I'll be back to working on my Bargello whenever my machine will cooperate. Sorry for the delay!
    Marilyn
    Old 03-30-2010, 07:35 AM

Oh NOOOO. Bummer!!! Hope your machine is ready soon. Have been following this thread all week. Good luck.
    Old 03-30-2010, 07:53 AM

I bet your cats had something to do with that too!
    Old 03-30-2010, 08:36 AM

Well, I went to try it out and see if it would now sew and the feed dogs are down and won't come back up! Arrrggg!
    I'm serious. It's always something with this machine! When my DH gets home I'll have him look at it again.

What am I going to do??? I can't sew! :o( This is heartbreaking for me. I cried last night because it quit sewing, which is why my DH tried to look at it and fix it. He doesn't know anything about sewing machines.
    Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 AM
    Power Poster

Danmar,
    Thank you sooooo much for starting this thread and posting pictures of your progression along the way. I find it fascinating and may just put a Bargello on my to-do list some day. However, I am thinking I want a pattern! :lol:

So sorry about your sewing machine. Can you take the throat plate off and get down in there too take a look? Sounds like you may have a big old wad of lint wedged in there somehwere or a nasty ol' thread nest. Get that throat plate off, take your bobbin case out get a good strong light and poke around a bit.
    Old 03-30-2010, 03:15 PM

Thanks feline fanatic. We took it apart, my DH cleaned it all out good and then the feed dogs wouldn't come up where they belonged so he adjusted them. Now the needle won't go down and the whole thing is messed up. I have another sewing machine that is...I can't even think of the name. It's the kind in a table. I think it's a Kenmore. A friend gave it to me after his mother passed. I've never tried it and don't know if it's working or not but I'm about to find out. If it doesn't work, I've already talked to my MIL and she told me I could borrow hers until I can get mine fixed.
    Plus, now my email account is messed up and won't download any of my messages! "Connection Refused". I'll have to call them tomorrow and find out what's wrong. (The bill is paid)
    What else is going to happen? Wish my luck everybody.
    Marilyn
    Old 03-30-2010, 06:19 PM

Good luck with all your 'adventures' , hope your machine can be fixed and you don't need to buy a new one. Wish we lived close, you could borrow one of mine.
    Old 03-31-2010, 04:31 AM

Woo-Whoo!!!!! I'm back in business everybody!!! I tried out the cabinet sewing machine that I had been given and I got it all figured out this morning!!!! I sewed 2 strips together and it worked perfectly!!! Yeah!!!!! I'll be getting busy now and then post more pictures!
    Thanks for your patience! I'm soooo excited!!!! And Happy!!!!
    Marilyn